CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is there or isn't there a definitive test to diagnose candida?

dvjorge Views: 2,192
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,618,517

Re: Is there or isn't there a definitive test to diagnose candida?

Dr,
I agree that a PCR DNA ( polymerase chain reaction)test to detect candida cells in blood is the most advanced test to diagnosis fungemia (candidemia) but this test will be negative if you have an intestinal overgrowth. If you have a severe leaky gut and candida get the bloodstream, it will be killed by white blood cells. Only in severe immunecompromised people candida circulate in the blood until a major organ be affected. This isn't the case. It is my understanding according to the medical literature I have read that when candida antigens escape to the bloodstream, they stimulate the white blood cells to produce antibodies against those specific proteins or polysaccharides. Later on, when candida antigens meet these anticandida antibodies , they bond creating a macromolecula, and this is what is call imunecomplexes. This test is the most reliable tool so far to detect an INTESTINAL OVERGROWTH. False negatives are extremely rare and can be seen only if you are immunesupressed. On the other hand, IGG, IGM, and IGA antibodies in blood are less sensitive and can give you false positive because some healthy people produce antibodies even if a minimun of any pathogen is present. Immunecomplexes don't give false positives because they look for the antigen/ antibody bond. If the antibodies are high but the antigens aren't present the test is considered negative. Stool cultures are unreliable.
Jorge.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.578 sec, (1)