CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Looking in the wrong place

spudlydoo Views: 2,810
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,619,531

Re: Looking in the wrong place

Rainyday, the non-christians here are asking the christians to back up their claims that god exists with evidence. I have no problem with people who say that they personally believe in god, and in the existance of god. Thats their choice, they choose to have this belief, but a belief is all it is, as there is no evidence for this belief, except on a purely personal level.

What I do object to is the way in which those that have this belief, want to push it on everyone else. Christians want to force a belief in god, into schools, the law, sexuality, morality, and basically every part of the lives of people, who may or may not share this belief.

This is wrong.

When christians say that they have a personal belief in god, thats just fine, they don't need to show proof of this gods existance, but when christians claim that this god exists for everyone, then the burden of proof is on them to prove it, particuarly if christians want others to take their belief seriously.

Its no different then me saying I believe in a flying spagetti monster in the sky, who is the creator of everything and whose laws I must obey, if I want to join him in the sky after I'm dead. While this remains my personal belief, its harmless. If I start using this belief as a justification for going to war, or harming others, or trying to force this belief onto others, this is where the problems start.

spud

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.766 sec, (1)