CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Looking in the wrong place

spudlydoo Views: 2,747
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,620,003

Re: Looking in the wrong place

Rainyday, I'm not talking about what christians shouldn't do, or should do, I'm talking about what christians do or try to do. Yes it is near on impossible to make someone believe something they don't want to, unless that person is a child, or vunerable, or indeed put under constant pressure and threat. I have seen all these things done by christians. Where beliefs cause harm to others, they need to be fought against.

Your bible god does not exist for me, so its really only important to you, what you think your god asks of you. I personally don't have relationships with imaginary beings, and I don't accept the words of the bible as being anything more than a story, made up by people a few thousand years ago. The god of the bible is supposed to be all knowing, all loving, all powerful, so why does this god need a bunch of humans running around doing his work? If this god wants a relationship with me, why doesn't he just appear? I've tried the christian way of asking and repenting and praying, it doesn't work. The god of the bible is either some nasty, immature, cruel, entity, that spends his time playing games with human lives, picking and choosing, dividing people against each other, letting some starve, feeding others, letting some die, saving others, etc etc, or he is simply a figment of the imagination, and doesn't exist at all.

As for prophecy, I could write a book of prophecy now, and make all sorts of ambiguous statements, and people would find some way of fitting it into the present day. Just like horoscopes, and any number of fortune telling, ancient prophecies etc. What about all the fluff over 2012, and the mayan calender. While the bible predictions are open to interpretation by humans, they must be suspect.

I have not seen a single prophecy from the bible that has actually come true. What I have seen is people fitting facts and adjusting history to suit a bible prophecy. Not the same at all.

spud

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.471 sec, (1)