CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Not looking.

bewnyfur Views: 3,052
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,620,664

Re: Not looking.

"I have been through this argument with bewnyfur before and just couldn't be bothered to try and explain all over again. I do get tired of pedantic word games, they achieve very little in learning or understanding."

Such is the nature of contradictions. Liquid truth achieves very little in meaning, get it straight.

contradiction
late 14c., from L. contradictionem, from contradicere, in classical L. contra dicere "to speak against," from contra "against" + dicere "to speak" (see diction).

"I see religion as distinctly different to spirituality, and I think that it is possible to acknowledge a force or energy beyond our current understanding, without this being a god, (the personified type, such as the bible god), and without recourse to the bible or other books, that try to set out boundaries for spirituality."

Talk about a pedantic word game... Characterization is not personification, that is the limited view of the Bible that you evidently share with tele-evangelists, money grubbing preachers and war-monger politicians. The only boundaries set are those against doing evil, if you are not open to doing evil then whats the problem?

"I think that it is possible to acknowledge a force or energy beyond our current understanding"

Sounds just like the God of the Bible. To say otherwise is a pedantic somersault.

When speaking in sweeping generalizations expect a desire to narrow the focus of such statements to ascertain an accurate meaning from liquid truth.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

3.329 sec, (1)