CureZone   Log On   Join
Chondromalacia patella due to metabolic disorder

Kaisukas Views: 7,084
Published: 11 years ago

Chondromalacia patella due to metabolic disorder

2 months ago an arthroscopy was done on my left knee. the reason was a suspecter tear of the meniscus. the mensicus was fine but a level 3 chondromalacia was discovered on my patella and level 1 on my thinbone.
as the alignment of my patella is 100% ok, my chondomalacia is caused by a metabolic disorder of the cartilage. I'm taking glycosamin 1,5g every day since surgery.

has anyone any knowledge about this kind of chondromalacia and what can I do to relieve the discomfort and pain in my right knee (my left knee feels much better after the surgery and I will have surgery on my right knee sometime in september).

how likely is it, that the chondromalacia has affected my other cartilages? for example 2 of my vertabre get "stuck" together from time to time and then start pressing on some nerves. I have a strange sharp cracking sound in my neck every time i take a stepp (that does not hurt) and I have problems with my wrists sometimes.

should I maybe need to contact some other doctor besides my orthopedist (whom i've seen twice - once when reffered to the surgery and then during the surgery, so I have actually tons of questions about my condition and nowhere to ask them)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.703 sec, (1)