Dr Cheney, MD, also writes concerning the Marshall protocol.....................
"I'm concerned that an ARB (Angiotensin Receptor Blocker) is being used in CFIDS patients [via MarshallProtocol.com] without an awareness of its effect on "Q."
Big issue [with MarshallProtocol.com]! If you block AT1 with an ARB [like Benicar], down will go your Aldosterone, and down will go your blood volume, and you could be in a heap of trouble [i.e. Addison Syndrome]. ARBs that bind to AT1 will constrict blood volume [which is unhealthy with PWCs].
I'm also concerned that the other receptor [AT2] is being ignored. No one knows what it does. Not even Merck! I suspect that it has an immune effect. An ARB like Benicar selectively binds very tightly to AT1, resulting in a two—to three-fold increase of Angiotensin II, which then binds to the wide-open AT2 receptor. And who knows what kind of immune responses that is setting off. This is just speculation, but I am concerned [over the safe use of Benicar for CFS].
* Humans make thousands of units of vitamin D within minutes of whole body exposure to sunlight. From what we know of nature, it is unlikely such a system evolved by chance. ~ Dr. John Cannell, Executive Director, Vitamin D Council.
* I would recommend that every patient, every person in America get their vitamin D checked, because so many people are low and the ramifications of having low vitamin D are so severe. ~ Dr. Richard Honaker, family practice physician.
* If you think of it evolutionarily, it's the oldest hormone on this Earth. I don't think that this is going to be a flash in the pan. ~ Dr. Michael F. Holick, Vitamin D expert.
* Because vitamin D is so cheap and so clearly reduces all-cause mortality, I can say this with great certainty: Vitamin D represents the single most cost-effective medical intervention in the United States. ~ Dr. Greg Plotnikoff, Medical Director, Penny George Institute for Health and Healing, Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
* I believe [vitamin D] is the number one public health advance in medicine in the last twenty years. ~ Dr. John Whitcomb, Aurora Sinai Medical Center.
* I do think vitamin D is one of the most promising nutrients for prevention of cardiac disease and cancer, and I believe in it strongly. ~ JoAnn Manson, Professor, Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Chief, Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital.
* Light is the basic component from which all life originates, evolves, and is energized. Light and health are inseparable. ~ Ken Ceder, former co-director Hippocrates Health Institute, Boston, Massachusetts.
* Sunlight is more powerful than any drug; it is safe, effective, and available free of charge. If it could be patented, it would be hyped as the greatest medical breakthrough in history. It's that good. ~ Mike Adams, natural health researcher and author.
* Natural sunlight's benefits are not limited to vitamin D production. As light enters the eyes, photoreceptors convert the light into nerve impulses that travel along the optic nerve to the brain. These impulses trigger the hypothalamus gland to send neurotransmitters to regulate the automatic functions of the body, such as blood pressure, body temperature, respiration, digestion, sexua| function, moods, immune and hormonal modulation, and circadian rhythm. ~ John Maher, DC, DCCN, FAAIM.
* This is like the Holy Grail of cancer medicine; vitamin D produced a drop in cancer rates greater than that for quitting smoking, or indeed any other countermeasure in existence. ~ Dennis Mangan, clinical laboratory scientist.
* No other method to prevent cancer has been identified that has such a powerful impact. ~ Dr. Cedric Garland, Vitamin D expert.
* Vitamin D is, without question, the miracle nutrient of the century. ~ Mike Adams, natural health researcher and author.
* Vitamin D is a hormone... powerful, potent, and paleo-to-the-core. Since pre-paleolithic times, Vitamin D has been produced in our skin from the UVB radiation of sunlight. The sun indeed powers nearly all life on earth. It is essential and signals reproduction, energy and longevity for not just humans but all land and marine plants, prokaryotes, and animals. ~ Dr. BG, pharmacologist.
* I would challenge anyone to find an area or nutrient or any factor that has such consistent anti-cancer benefits as vitamin D. The data are really quite remarkable. ~ Dr. Edward Giovannucci, Vitamin D expert.
* In all my many years of practice of medicine, I've never seen one vitamin, even vitamin C, have such profound effects on human health. ~ Dr. Soram Khalsa, board-certified internist and medical director for the East-West Medical Research Institute.
* We estimate that vitamin D deficiency is the most common medical condition in the world. ~ Dr. Michael F. Holick, Vitamin D expert.
* Our most important hormones depend upon adequate reserves of cholesterol for their production and nowhere is this more important than as the precursor substance for the synthesis of Vitamin D, known also as calcitriol. Researchers in this field are sufficiently concerned from the results of their studies to pronounce that we are in the midst of an epidemic of vitamin D deficiency of immense proportion. ~ Duane Graveline MD MPH, former NASA Astronaut, former USAF flight surgeon, and retired family doctor.
* The problem is that vitamin D is not really a vitamin, it's a hormone. If your thyroid hormone level was low, you'd gain 20, 30, or more pounds in weight, your blood pressure would skyrocket, you'd lose your hair, become constipated, develop blood clots, be terribly fatigued. In other words, you'd suffer profound changes. Likewise, if thyroid hormone levels are corrected by giving you thyroid hormone, you'd experience profound correction of these phenomena. That's what I'm seeing with vitamin D: restoration of this hormone to normal blood levels (25-OH-vitamin D3 50 ng/mL) yields profound changes in the body. ~ Dr. William Davis, cardiologist.
* Vitamin D is perhaps the single most powerful nutrient in the known universe for preventing influenza. ~ Mike Adams, natural health researcher and author.
* The Sun is the cosmological phenomenon which is mainly responsible for what the world has become and it would be impossible to remove from the skies without ending the existences of most of all living beings in the same process. ~ Unknown.
* No life at all would be possible on this planet without the sun...To teach people to be afraid of the sun is harmful health advice that will ultimately kill more people than it saves. Most people have too little sunlight, not too much. ~ Mike Adams, natural health researcher and author.
* Vitamin D is cholecalciferol, a hormone. Deficiencies of hormones can have catastrophic consequences. ~ Dr. William Davis, cardiologist.
* Vitamin D deficiency is an unrecognized, emerging cardiovascular risk factor, which should be screened for and treated. Vitamin D is easy to assess, and supplementation is simple, safe, and inexpensive. ~ James H. O'Keefe MD, cardiologist and Director of Preventive Cardiology, Mid America Heart Institute, Kansas City, Missouri.
* It has been clearly established that the only way for your body to synthesize vitamin D is in your skin once it's exposed to ultraviolet rays from the sun. Hence, the current guidelines to avoid sun exposure, and the fervent pushing of sunscreen, are perhaps some of the most misguided and dangerous health recommendations out there. ~ Leif Grunseth, certified neuromuscular therapist.
* The sun is the orchestra leader for the dance of life. Every living thing on earth vibrates to the energy of the sun, including people. For a long time people have been victims of a huge scam that made them think they were supposed to hide indoors or under a blanket of sunscreen while the rest of life basked in the glory of the sun. Now they are catching on that they too need the sun's life-giving force. ~ Barbara Minton, natural health editor.
* Whoever wishes to investigate medicine properly should proceed thus: in the first place to consider the seasons of the year. ~ Hippocrates, the father of medicine (circa 400 B.C.).
* Sunlight is life. ~ Dr. William Meller, board-certified internist.