CureZone   Log On   Join
Does this sound like Seborrheic Dermatitis?

Molly8909 Views: 34,486
Published: 12 years ago

Does this sound like Seborrheic Dermatitis?

I started feeling an annoying light itchiness around my eyes, nose, forehead for a few months, as though air dust was landing on my face, and was constantly swiping it off.
Then months later,I noticed little white flecks on eye brows, on the sides of my eyes, across the bridge of my nose. Looking in a good magnifier mirror, I discovered what appears like very tiny rice like stuff that seems to just ooze out of the pours or hair follicles. They drop off and lay on the skin and eye brows. If I scrape or press, more comes out. It has progressively gotten much worse. It's around my nose and under the chin as well.
I freaked out thinking I have some kind of minuscule worm type of things coming out of my pores!
I researched, and felt it seems like my symptoms matched with demodex mites. I started calling Dermatologists' to see if any have successfully treated demodex mites, the first one said you can not see the mites with out a microscope, and a magnified mirror would not show demodex mites. So I thought maybe it's not DM.
I chose another Dermatologist and he insists it's Seborrheic Dermatitis . It is not in my hair or scalp so far, and this is not just flake peeling skin, there is something coming out of the pores, or follicles, so I am doubtful, but decided to go along with his impression.I was not happy that he only looked with his eyes, and did not use a magnifier.They are very obvious with a magnifier. With out it you can see some peeling/flaking of the skin as well.
He sold me a &40.00 12 oz pump container of Glytone cream, but when I used it it burned. I then read the back of it and it's basically a high end sunscreen product that says to avoid the face! I took it back and asked him to use a magnifier to look at these with things, but he would not bother, insisting it's SD and then he had me buy 1.35 oz Avene Hydrance Optimal cream for $50, stating I have sensitive skin and the S D would go away if I hydrated my skin. I used it last night and today, and see no difference with these white things coming out. I can wash then off but in minutes, they appear all over again. Scraping, rubbing or pressing makes more come out.
They feel most uncomfortable in the evening. Almost like quick random stinging here and there...somewhat like noseeum bites feel.
Does this describe anything anyone else has with S D ?
I'm thinking of going for another opinion with a different Dermatologist. This is getting me stressed out and miserable!
I had no redness until I used the Sun Screen product, and it's still a little red.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.234 sec, (2)