CureZone   Log On   Join
Direction on emotional entanglement

Mira528 Views: 1,523
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,661,882

Direction on emotional entanglement

"It's just data. It's not about you/me, until we make it about us. The ability to make that distinction, to keep the data separate from us as individuals, until we make it about us, is a choice. We retain the right as individuals to choose when the data becomes about us personally."

That helps and especially in a forum like this one, where emotions are running high, people can react strongly.

The other thing, I think, is that it's really hard to know what's true. We have widely differing reports from BP, mainstream media, scientists, Youtube, etc.

Out of all this data, one person believes one thing, another believes another, and if they're emotionally attached to their opinion, they can lash out at others.

Guess it's best to not take anything personally. Everyone has their own path to take in life. I really hate it when threads degenerate into arguments which stray far from the main topic.

I feel so deeply for the people and wildlife in the Gulf! Like Katrina and 9/11, it's so hard to watch them go through that, through no fault of their own.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.125 sec, (1)