CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: nuts/seeds (soaking question)

Eneia Views: 2,284
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,666,775

Re: nuts/seeds (soaking question)

I usually soak the almonds a few hours before bed time, drain in the morning, put in a hermetic container and carry with me for the day. Anything I haven't finished by the next morning has to be thrown away because people with candida should avoid the risk of eating moldy foods.
Once I made an exception cause I'd forgotten them in the morning and they're costly, so I soaked them again when I came back, in water + a couple drops of citricidal, and used them the next day. I'll note that at the time I hadn't realised citricidal was that bitter, but the almonds were fine and perfectly edible without after taste.
I guess they'll keep in the fridge for 2 days if you put them there as soon as they are drained.

Preparing the almonds is just basically putting them in water for the next day, so why not get into this routine, put enough for the following day and do this daily. You'll know it's fresh and mould free. You will also be able to remove the skins easily without the need to blanch them in boiling water.

This soaking technique works also very well with hazelnuts. It actually makes them taste as if they'd just fallen from the tree.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.641 sec, (1)