CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I wish

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Eneia Views: 4,113
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,669,583

Re: I wish

All I know: with that bloody diet, I get really bad constipation when I don't eat enough fat/veggies compared to proteins. Within 1 day of having 2 cups of homemade yogurt, everything got back to normal - albeit getting a few breakouts when my Acne had cleared up thanks to the diet.
So... I can't reply to your question, but I can say that whatever is good in eating 24h homemade yogurt, works with 2 cups a day.
This week I'm away and can only have commercial yogurt. I managed to find one brand that doesn't add milk powder or cream. My constipation isn't as bad as without yogurt but it's back.
I use those kinds of commercial yogurts as my homemade yogurt starter, so they *do* have something in them that is active. And the 24h homemade is much stronger.

After this, I have heard that the probiotic strains in your supplements could end up fighting the lactobacillus/bifidus in the yogurt starter, rather than work with them, so you might not get as much as you think in the end.
If you find information about how those probiotic supp strains behave when they hang out with lactobacillus/bifidus go ahead with this:

Maybe you could start experiment:
- Make sure you have a routine that gets you to succeed in getting good thick 24h homemade yogurt.
- Start adding probiotics that you have felt had some effects on you - i.e. the strains in the cap are still active
- Compare the consistency of yogurt.

Yogurt that is like liquid means either
1. the temperature/manipulation was wrong (which we could exclude in our case since you consistently get good thickness)
2. the strains have been fighting each other and the supplements won - there's only a bit left of the yogurt starter, depending on the thickness of end result.

Ok, and after all this, does this mean that the probiotic strain from the supplement has multiplied - I wish I knew. Maybe we can find somewhere information about the fact that strains will automatically find milk/yogurt making process a good media - setting aside the potential fight. For example, what if we make the yogurt for 24h, pasteurise it by heating to kill the strains, then put back in the yogurt machine for, say, 12 hours.

Anyway, back to the other possibility:

Yogurt is normal consistency:
1. the probiotic strains don't fight with the yogurt strains
2. the probiotic strains are all dead (but since it had some effect on you previously that's not the case here)
3. the yogurt strains fought the probiotic supp strains, and they won.

So now, unless you can find something about how those specific strains react to lactob/bifidus yogurt strains,
you still won't have an effing clue.

Another thing that could help: if the probiotic caps already have lactobacillus/bifidus, we might be able to assume that the other strains in the caps aren't the type that's going to fight with the lactobacillus?

I that case, the probiotic supps may have multiplied like the lactob/bifidus? In which case, if for me 2 cups were enough to see changes with lactob/bifidus, we might assume that 2 cups with whatever is in there would be ok as well.

Sorry if it's a lot of rambling, but if it's not helping you at least it's helping me getting my ideas cleared about possible experimentation lol.
I hope someone else will comment, prove me wrong or right or add to this, as I'm hoping to get something going - once I get a yogurt machine that does its job properly. I'm thinking of buying a new one like the one I've borrowed a few weeks ago, which consistently works.

Also, I would prefer someone else to risk a bacterial infection ;-] I've heard that threelac has a strain that is considered potentially dangerous, and I wonder how it would behave if we were to culture it...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.703 sec, (2)