CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Getting Cured

Eneia Views: 1,473
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,676,087

Re: Getting Cured

Actually, even though I'm not exactly what your are looking for, let me tell you a bit of my story:

I was declared as having yeast overgrowth in 2002. I was put on a not-too-strict* diet + caprylic acid.
It cured all my painful symptoms: huge headaches & extreme tiredness I'd been suffering from for over 13 years at the time.
I still had brain fog, bad short term memory, lack of focus and a bit of tiredness, but my health was good enough to stop organising my life around it - no stress anymore when I had an important meeting because I wanted to be awake at that time, etc.

The clearing up of symptoms took 2 weeks - the difference was amazing, I'd been visiting various doctors for half of my life, and I'd stopped believing anyone would believe it wasn't in my head. I went on with the diet for 6 months strictly following it (I mean it), but didn't get any more improvement.
Because of this I slowly went back to a near normal diet** over the next 18 months after that. The old symptoms never came back. I could eat tons of very sweet but delicious French patisserie, would get a small flare up for a couple of days (vag. itch only, not more tiredness than usual), and then things would be back to normal.

I'd had a live blood analysis at the onset of dieting - this is how it was found I had yeast overgrowth. After 6 months, my blood didn't show anymore sign of yeast overgrowth, yet I remember still complaining about tiredness. My blood cells showed lack of oxygen so IIRC I was given B12 caps for this, a further check a year later showed everything was normal, but I was still tired.

I have lived with the tiredness since then, having discovered that 2 pills of proplus (eq. to 4 cups of coffee a day) would keep me awake like everyone else. If I forgot I'd feel sleepy within 2 hours of waking up (before the diet it was after half an hour being awake)

Now I'm on this board because I still have candida for sure, but it isn't debilitating as it used to be, and I'd like to get rid of it for good - certainly by finding a way to strengthen my immune system and find how to give my liver some rest. If it wasn't for the brain fog that just won't go away, I'd put up with the 2 Proplus tabs and get on with my life.

I hope this gives some kind of hope, even though I'm not a perfect example.

* I was allowed potatoes, a bit of cheese, brown food: oat, brown rice, wholegrain pasta

** Near normal diet: when it comes to sweet stuff, I only had it if I loved it, i.e. it has to be worth it. I didn't snack with high sweet junk food, but will have bread, Sugar in my tea. Otherwise normal "healthy" diet.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.344 sec, (2)