CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: It isn't the motive I question, it is the effect

spudlydoo Views: 4,856
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,677,990

Re: It isn't the motive I question, it is the effect

I've read all the posters messages, and I think that there has been a concerted effort by some to discredit this poster because he disagrees to a greater or lesser degree with the opinions of others here.

I think its all to do with our own perceptions of the person behind the name or number, and not the person themselves.

To give an example, this is a post in reply to my own, by 122756,

"Thank you Spud for your wisdom and insight on the subject! Very informative indeed."

Now, given the way this poster has responded to me, and my posts in the past, (on this forum, and recently), I could perceive this post as being sarcastic and snarky. I'm not going to do that, I'm going to choose to take this post as a nice comment, and thank the poster for their compliment.

The post is just words on a computer screen, I cannot know the posters intention or motive, I can only choose the way I react or respond. There is nothing in the title or the words of the post about benzene, by 129589, that is suggesting that they are supporting BP, or trying to play down BP's liability, it is simply how you and others have 'chosen' to perceive it. I chose to see the post without all the attached emotion and preconceived notions about the poster, which is why I do not agree with your assumptions about this post.

I have never seen this poster dispute BP's liability, and if you can find one of his posts that does this, then please provide that evidence. What I have seen is this poster constantly and deliberately misunderstood, because of the perceptions of others.

spud

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.063 sec, (1)