CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: "face reading_figure it out"

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
00733 Views: 1,412
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,683,122

Re: "face reading_figure it out"

hi there

sure..

red - meat is said to provide the the "best form of iron" ie (hem) iron as opposed to (non hem) iron from plants on the basis that hem iron is made more easily available for the bodys uptake and assimilation.

It's a good point. I'm reminded of a vegan person i met who couldn't stop dreaming about lamb chops running and dripping with fat and her relishing the prospect to chow down!!! I guess Any out of the blue "cravings " maybe a lack of something that needs to be bumped up or to kick start and be part of a metabolic pathway.

In the end she upped her "fat" with avacoadoes..but it didn't address it so eventually threw the towel in, made the transition well to eating meat and felt better for it. I've also whitnessed a vegetarian raw food enthusiast clamp his lips down on a pork pie "when his body needed it" and didn't give himself a hard time..much like a chimps life style..predominantly a veggy with the odd "hunt".

For me it's a real learning curve to fine tune a well honed healthy vegetarian diet i'm still a long way off... my premise was if a pumping heart had not been stopped to reach my plate..i'd eat it..Dairy and carbs featured a long while..

But although specific mineral supplements and trace elements are available it requires a delicate approach apparently. Meat is also a good source of the B12's, and Zinc which vegetarians in particular have to be more watchful of for deficiencies.

Even people who strive for health and aim for peak performance by reaching for supplements maybe counterproductive. Researchers study of althletes and use of chromium supplements being touted for muscle growth, showed no real positive outcome for muscle and instead showed a reduced and hindered uptake of iron and zinc..ie excess of any one element can effect uptake of others and general supplement overuse has been shown to lead to mineral imbalances and toxicity!! anyhow from someone who doesn't even run for a bus - and is a supplement virgin i have no idea why i thought that was relevant other than i've just read it and thought it interesting! anyhow!!

Raisins and proper natural dried apricots are more "healthy" than the bright yellow orange ones for some reason but have since forgotten ...and said to be a top source of iron and a quick fix but i'm not sure about the other trace elements that red meat would provide..just that iron is the obvious. But sure...depending on the diet etc yep theres a possibility some nutrients could be missing i guess. curiously along with ginger and orange peel!!!(good for activating liver energy i have found out since) and marmite/ veggie mite (Vitamin B's)...dried apricots (iron) which i don't normally glance at...were amidst my food "cravings" ... I honoured these cravings which were in other words sign posts pointing out shortages and activators needed in my body.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

3.563 sec, (2)