CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded IVERMECTIN: Costs & Drug Treatment Protocol ~ Baylisascaris Infection

ICU Views: 10,584
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,691,222

IVERMECTIN: Costs & Drug Treatment Protocol ~ Baylisascaris Infection

Hi Paws ~~

Ref:  Albendazole & Ivermectin Drug Protocol: Strongyloides, Filariasis, & Morgellons ~ http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1586882#i.

You're very lucky that your doctor prescribed such a large quantity of Ivermectin to treat your parasite infection!   

Most doctors just look up Ivermectin in a drug guide & prescribe the standard  2-day dosage ~~ 1 dose now, then another dose in 2 weeks ~~ which IMHO isn't enough to kill a piss ant! (lol)

What is your schedule for the 30 doses of Ivermectin?  Every day for 30 days or staggered doses?

Did he also prescribe Albendazole to be taken with the Ivermectin?

In the Albendazole & Ivermectin Drug Protocol, these broad-spectrum antiparasitic drugs, along with the antibiotic Doxycycline, are prescribed together for infections of Strongyloides, Filariasis, & Morgellons. 

They're also used for other Nematode (Roundworm) hyperinfections such as yours.  For more info, see the references in the Albendazole Protocol ~ Roundworms & Systemic Eggs, Larva, & Cysts:  http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1566532#i.   

Did he diagnose you with the Baylisascaris Procyonis (Raccoon Roundworm) infection based on your symptoms?  

Are your symptoms only intestinal or has the infection disseminated throughout your body? 

You said the lab test was negative even though larva & eggs were evident in your stool specimens.  I'm not surprised by that because lab tests are notoriously unreliable the majority of the time!#?

In the Ivermectin drug monograph at Medscape, the following treatment info is given:
http://www.medscape.com/druginfo/monograph?cid=med&drugid=17846&drugn...
BaylisascariasisIvermectin has been used in at least one patient for the treatment of baylisascariasis caused by Baylisascaris procyonis, but did not prevent unfavorable outcome.  B. procyonis is a common roundworm found in the small intestine of raccoons; no drug has been demonstrated to be effective for the treatment of this infection.  Use of albendazole as soon as possible (i.e., within 1–3 days after possible infection) might prevent clinical disease by killing larvae before they enter the CNS and is recommended following known exposure (i.e., ingestion of raccoon stool or contaminated soil).  Although efficacy has not been established, some clinicians suggest that ivermectin, mebendazole, thiabendazole, or levamisole (not commercially available in the US) could be tried if albendazole is not available.  For further information on the treatment of baylisascariasis, see Baylisascariasis under Uses: Nematode (Roundworm) Infections, in Albendazole 8:08.  

In the Albendazole drug monograph at Medscape, the following treatment info is given:
Baylisascariasis :  Albendazole has been used in a limited number of patients for the treatment of baylisascariasis caused by Baylisascaris procyonis; however, no drug has been demonstrated to be effective for the treatment of this infection. B. procyonis, a common roundworm found in the small intestine of raccoons, can cause severe or fatal encephalitis (neural larva migrans) in birds and mammals (including humans) and also can cause ocular and visceral larva migrans in humans. Since 1981, there have been at least 12 cases of severe or fatal encephalitis caused by this roundworm in the US (CA, IL, MI, MN, NY, OR, PA) and 10 of these cases occurred in children 9 months to 6 years of age; cases of B. procyonis ocular larva migrans also have been reported in the US. Humans become infected by ingesting B. procyonis eggs after contact with infected raccoon feces. Because CNS damage can occur before symptom onset, treatment of symptomatic patients with anthelmintic or anti-inflammatory agents often will not improve outcome. However, the CDC and other clinicians state that use of an anthelmintic agent (i.e., albendazole 25–50 mg/kg daily for 10–20 days) started within 1–3 days of possible infection might prevent clinical disease by killing larvae before they enter the CNS. Therefore, immediate treatment is recommended in cases of probable infection, including known exposures such as ingestion of raccoon stool or contaminated soil. Some clinicians suggest that ivermectin, mebendazole, thiabendazole, or levamisole (not commercially available in the US) could be tried if albendazole is not available. Corticosteroid therapy also may be helpful, especially in ocular and CNS infections; ocular baylisascariasis has been treated successfully using laser photocoagulation therapy to destroy the intraretinal larvae. Additional information on baylisascariasis can be obtained at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/baylisacaris/default.htm.

Ivermectin (Stromectol) tablets are cheaper per mg in the 12mg size & can be split it into smaller doses.  Online pharmacies:

I use Agri-Mectin (Ivermectin) Pour-On Cattle Suspension.  It's an alcohol-based liquid, & doses are measured with an oral syringe.  Alcohol increases the plasma concentration of Ivermectin, so that's a big plus.

You mix it with a beverage & add sugar or other sweetener to mask the strong taste.  My favorite method is to add it to a Coca Cola & a twist of lime ~~ I call it my Cuba Libre mixed drink ~ Ole! (lol)

Agri-Mectin is tinted with blue food coloring.  You use a small amount, so no worries that it turns your tongue blue.  It's the lowest price per dose (about 22 cents per 12mg equivalent) than the other products.  

You can also add it to creams & ointments as topical treatments for skin parasites & larva:  http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1628614#i.

It's available at local livestock feed & supply stores, online veterinarian suppliers, & E-Bay.  There are several brands with the same % of Ivermectin (5mg/ml).  Calculating dosage & ordering info is in the protocol.

The next cheapest Ivermectin product is the horse paste (about 40 cents per 12mg equivalent dose if you buy several cartridges in one order).  Details on calculating doses & suppliers are in the protocol.

For Albendazole, online pharmacies & suppliers are also listed in the protocol.

Hope this info helps you in your parasite battles!

Keep us posted on your treatment progress ~~ We have't had a forum member with a Raccoon Roundworm infection yet, so we'll be very interested in how you're doing!

Good luck!
Cheers ~~ ICU 

Parasite Drug Protocols:  Roundworms, Tapeworms, Flukes, Strongyloides, Morgellons, & Protozoa:  http://curezone.com/forums/fm.aspi=1574645#i                                                                                   

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.859 sec, (9)