CureZone   Log On   Join
Do we have common ground?

MindTheLips Views: 3,595
Published: 13 years ago

Do we have common ground?

Hey guys, i'm new here but i've occasionally watched the website to see whether anyone has made any helpful breakthroughs. My EC started around the 2004/2005 date when i was in school. And NO, mine does not have a cycle, some people say they have one day in a cycle where everything is fine but i haven't even had one hour since i've contracted this condition. My lips will dry, harden/dent and peel or crack within an hour without treatment.

It HAS got worse with time too. The worst part of EC in my opinion is not the lips, it's the effects it has on the mouth. I develop this white film across my upper front teeth where the top lip meets the teeth. Incidentally, the part of the top lip that touches the teeth is the only part on the TOP that is affected by EC. Originally i thought this was some kind of plaque so i upped my brushing frequency, mouthwash use, i even switched to baking soda instead of flouride toothpaste and no mouthwash because i feared it was a chemical in either of these that triggered it. No result or change confirmed this wasn't the case.

This white build up would then find its way to my lips through contact with my upper front teeth and that made the situation worse making conversations a nightmare as most of you have probably experienced.

Another interesting observation is my saliva secretion is out of control. I make ten times the amount i made two years ago, resulting in constant swallowing several times a minute. This kills your throat by the end of the day.

Now interestingly enough it started one or two years prior to the development of a stomach and bowel condition which still remains undiagnosed. I am seeing the hospital and conducting tests over the next 1-2 months so i should have answers soon on what that is. I'm not sure, but i can definitely see some sort of correlation here. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

0.953 sec, (1)