CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My progress so far...

lipshitz Views: 2,181
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,747,242

Re: My progress so far...

Well, what I've said before, I will try to reiterate, and the full story can be found on the wiki I created for any new curezone members. I also want to point out that the dietary option is a free one for those who've exhausted their disposable income seeing quack dermatologists, buying supplements and experimenting with topical treatments. For those with more resources, a test for vitamin deficiencies, an allergy test and visit with an immunologist would be a good start.

Anyway, I had Candida and staph overgrowth (3 times the acceptable amount of C. parapsilosis and 2 times that of staph aureus). I did an anti-Candida diet for a total of 6 months in a yearlong period (two separate attempts). I used some supplements like Oregano Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Caprylic Acid, and ate a ton of raw garlic. I tested myself at home before and after and found the overgrowth had gone, and although my condition improved somewhat, it did not go away.

A few things I have heard from multiple naturopaths and a family friend who also decimated her internal Candida population -- try to verify them if you can:
1) Most North Americans likely have a Candida overgrowth due to their diet and high stress levels.
2) Beating Candida is very difficult for those with a long-term growth, it can take years.
3) It can easily repopulate without the presence of natural bacterial flora to keep it in check, and if you return to a high sugar/alcohol/preservative/etc. diet.
4) Western medicine has very little to say about the effects of Candida overgrowth and information online is lacking and sometimes clearly ill-informed (such as the recommendation to avoid all fungus, while there are proven anti-Candida properties in four mushroooms, and no apparent evidence that Candida feeds on other fungi such as yeast).

The low-acid diet I have worked out has come through a process of fasting, elimination, testing for vitamin deficiencies and experimentation. Finding out the actual levels of acidity in my food and the optimal ratio of alkaline to acid is a whole other challenge for me. But the recommendation is usually 80% alkaline: 20% acidic if you are experiencing acidosis, and 70:30 once you are in balance.

Yes, you shouldn't do these diets with no evidence that they will help your condition, unless you have no other resources and are willing to fully commit to the experiment.

Peace,
C.S.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

5.313 sec, (2)