CureZone   Log On   Join
Hanna, Telman, Midge, etc... Weird question...

Petey123 Views: 1,691
Published: 15 years ago

Hanna, Telman, Midge, etc... Weird question...

Sorry if I left anybody out, but I was specifically asking some names who have spoken from experience on this subject.

I have a strange question. Why isn't it possible for a doctor to simply open up somebody's gall bladder, remove any large stones that are causing a blockage (because they are too large too pass through the biliary duct), and sew it back up? They can operate on urinary bladders, can't they? It just seems to me that if they could identify a large stone(s) in the gall bladder as being the potential source of a cholestasis problem, that they could (and would) simply remove the stone(s) surgically without removing the entire gall bladder itself.

I haven't seen any mention of this on the board. And I'm only wondering because there may be many people with recurring GB pain that actually have a large stone in there but are unaware of it because they haven't had an ultrasound.

Any ideas? Hanna, have you considered this option for your large stone, or have you already been there, done that, and refused the t-shirt? Ha!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.563 sec, (1)