I'm a relative newbie to Iodine like you. I had most of your side effects in a big way when I went to 25 mg. It's weird and quite powerful what Iodine can do. I even got a rash in the *exact* same spots on my arms where I'd had poison ivy 6 mos prior. That let me know that Iodine was indeed driving out toxins out of my body. I'm now at 50 mg and although not feeling fantastic on most days, I do have fantastic days and the others are all at least much better than how I felt on 25 mg. Salt, pulsing, companion nutrients, a gluten-free diet and rest really do help. Haven't mastered this thing but just wanted to say it does get better, much better, after your body gets over the initial shock to the system.