CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Gov. Walker's Legislation Has Unions Caving Already

Views: 1,022
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,789,693

Re: Gov. Walker's Legislation Has Unions Caving Already

How can you say that unions don't serve a purpose? I guess you don't work, huh? Do you enjoy all of those benefits that you get? The 40 hour work week? Weekends off? Holiday pay, and vacation time? If you do, then maybe you wouldn't be wanting to take these things away from others so badly because you don't have it too. Maybe you should be demanding that you get the same thing. Sheesh! People are so quick to want what others have and if they can't have it, then they can't be happy for other people who do have it. Maybe you should listen to Michael Parenti, and the real account of history and what happened with the unions and why we do need them. Teachers are so disrespected today. I hope that most teachers walk out of their jobs and leave the ungrateful parents to teach their own children. Yeah, I'd like to see that happen. Heaven help us if it does. Because as a teacher myself, I've seen some of the notes that some of these incompetent parents write. They confuse "no" and "know"; "two", "too" and "to"; and "buy" and "by". The list could go on and on. Teachers are not rich. I know that's hard to believe, but this assault on teachers is only going to turn around and bite others in the a** as well. History does repeat itself.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak up.
–Martin Niemöller

Just wait and see what ripple effect this will have. Watch Michael Parenti on YouTube "The Functions of Fascism". See how we are following the same pattern of events during Mussolini and Hitler reigns of power. Taxpayers don't pay for all of a teacher's retirement benefits either. That is what TRS is for. Teachers have money taken out of their checks that go into this fund for their financial security when they retire.

Any person who goes into teaching these days should think twice. It seems teachers are blamed for everything. All the problems of the world are placed on the backs of the teachers. I got my degree and spend a large sum of money for that degree (3 of them)and I am rewarded with negative remarks by people who think that I shouldn't get paid a fair wage, or a wage that is based on merit. Its not like I am making a lot of money from only graduating high school. Funny though, the people I hear the most crap from are those who didn't go to college. Those who are jealous that I worked really hard to get my degrees so that I could have a better life. I deserve to make more money than someone who is working at McDonalds or someone with no skills. Tearing down the unions is only going to come back around and affect you later. Damn, there is so much jealousy in the world.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.281 sec, (2)