CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Getting Blood Drawn

Hveragerthi Views: 3,401
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,812,174

Re: Getting Blood Drawn

I have an internist appointment tomorrow and I know they are going to draw blood.

I think one or two vials worth. I'm pretty scared this will drop my sugars. Anyone know if this will happen?

Depending on the tests that they are going to run you may have to fast between 12 to 24 hours before the draw.  They say you can have coffee, but this will throw a lot of your tests off so I recommend avoiding this as well.

The fasting can drop your blood sugar, but on the other hand the anxiety of having your blood drawn can also raise your blood sugar.  This is because your stress will raise your cortisol, which in turn will release glycogen from your liver raising your blood sugar.  The anxiety of having your blood drawn is another common cause of abnormal readings on blood tests.  For example, the stress not only raises blood sugar but also cholesterol readings.  Make sure to get their in time to rest for 20-30 minutes before the draw and try to remain calm before hand to get more accurate results.

A couple of vials of blood is not going to affect your blood sugar significantly.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.266 sec, (1)