CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: [EDIT]Re: My blood sugar numbers

Views: 3,110
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,812,395

Re: [EDIT]Re: My blood sugar numbers

It would also progress if your cortisol was gradually lowering as well. Get the tests done to see which. Both might be present at the same time. Too much insulin and too little cortisol.

According to my cortisol test I'm right on the lowest cut off point for adrenal failure. Anything lower than what I have now and I risk some serious problems, potentially death according to the information I've collected. I'm not averse to taking hydrocortisone now because it's so bad. I just want to function again and don't care what it takes anymore.

I know what you mean about not catching hypoglycemia in time. The last few nights I'll wake up and feel totally normal. Even still almost full and not hungry at all. I'll go to the bathroom, lay back down and BAM!!!

When I was still eating carbs and the hypo was at its worst I would get unbearable pain over the pancreas and then I would have to lock myself in my room and punch the hell out of my bed because I was so violent. Thankfully I still had the mental awareness to not hurt somebody. Some people don't and they hurt or kill people because of it. Now it's just sheer panic and feeling like I'll die, thankfully no violence.

One think I will say is passing out is actually a defense mechanism by the body to keep you alive, ironically. Somehow the body knows the sequence the shut things down to conserve glucose. First the higher functions, then so on and so forth of the brain until you pass out and only the medulla and brain stem are functioning to support necessary bodily functions to keep you alive (breathing, heartrate etc...).

From my research brain damage occurs more often in those that are hypo unaware or those that screw up their insulin dosage (and it's very easy to do). This happens when you, again ironically, stay completely conscious the entire time until you go into hypo shock (different from just passing out).

The human body is an amazing machine. Mine has adapted to some really bad situations and is somehow still alive. Amazing.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.328 sec, (1)