CureZone   Log On   Join
Thank you and what has worked for me

kmmkids2 Views: 5,625
Published: 10 years ago

Thank you and what has worked for me

Hi, this is my first time posting to this forum, although I have been lurking here
for a good year or so. A little bit of background. I developed adrenal fatigue in May of 2009. I had a very stressful year, and was training for a triathlon at the same time. A week after completing the triathlon I became very weak and dizzy. My very smart doctor immediately nailed the diagnosis of adrenal fatigue.
However, every remedy she offered me only made me worse-the isocort, adreset and rhodiola were just way too stimulating for me!

I think it is important for me to state here that I have a history of a lifelong
anxiety disorder,for which I took ssri's for several years. I stopped taking them about 7 years ago because they caused weight gain-I could exercise for hours and eat next to nothing and still be 10-15lbs overweight. Since then I've tried every remedy for anxiety, including hypnosis, without any really positive results.

Anyway, through this forum I discovered Dr. Lam. I think he is really good-and he got me to a much more functional stage of adrenal fatigue. However,
a few months ago he told me I would never get better until my brain stopped signaling my body to produce adrenaline. This was my first clue that my issue was a brain issue-he even sent me an article outlining ways in which the subconscious can keep someone in a state of illness, or adrenal fatigue.

It is also through this forum that I discovered the gupta programme, AND low dose lexapro. I've been on lexapro for almost 3 weeks and I've been doing th gupta proramme for just over one week. The results are amazing! Today I did errands for two hours, planted flowers in my garden and even rode my bike around my neighborhood for 15 minutes. (i hadn't even been on my bike for two years-since the triathlon that almost killed me).I am not 100% better by any stretch of the imagination, but I am able to do ALOT more than I have in the past .

I just wanted to pass on those things that have worked for me in hopes that it will help some of you all!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.219 sec, (1)