CureZone   Log On   Join
Finished 1st batch with SilverPuppy - Questions!

MDC2957 Views: 1,692
Published: 10 years ago

Finished 1st batch with SilverPuppy - Questions!

I finished up the first batch last night. It took somewhere between 3.5 and 4 hours when it automatically shut down. When I put my TDS meter in, it read 006. With my previous system I was using (the Sota SP), I would do a pasta sauce sized jar (I think they're around 26 oz) and it would take 4 hours, come out clear and the TDS read 12-15. The thing that concerns me is that this morning, the CS produced by the SilverPuppy had a definite yellowish color to it (I used the standard pint sized jar). Some say it should be clear, some say the yellow doesn't matter. From what I understand, the yellow means the particles are larger and therefore reflect more visible light. Whereas a clear solution, even at a higher PPM means the particles are so small that the visible light doesn't reflect off them.

The other thing that concerns me is the light shining into the solution from the thermal base. I always hear to keep CS out of light, store it in the dark, or amber bottles. Yet during production, that light is shining directly into the solution from below. Perhaps this has something to do with it yellowing?

I'm thinking about switching to the magnetic stirrer, just not sure at this point.. Can you offer any insight? I'd hate to think that my little Sota SP was a better unit.....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.297 sec, (1)