I was contacted at the end of December last year by a Filipino working in Jamaica who was in a very bad way with systemic candida. He thought he was dying. He had a long spate of taking antibiotics for several months for an illness and he worked aboard a ship as a worker where his diet was probably awful. I advised him on what to do to eliminate the candida, but he was unable to get most of the needed ingredients until he returned to Manila in late June of this year.
I also live in Luzon and he started on the protocol, sticking quite faithfully to everything advised. I have also posted an older candida remedy protocol some while back but the one I'm posting now is an updated version.
Because of the difficulties and expense of buying some of the ingredients, I had to improvise for him, so I have added Chanca Piedra to the remedy. This herb has worked well -- essentially this herb lowers blood pressure, lowers blood sugar, removes calcium and stones and generally is a wonderful enemy to candida because it helps the liver to purifiy the blood. Chanca piedra also supports liver, kidney, intestines and blood. That's alot of anti-candida support. Pau D'Arco and Cat's Claw are similarly useful, but not so easily obtainable in the Philippines.
I eventualy met up with him because I wanted to see how he was doing since returning to his home in Manila. When I arranged the meeting, I really didn't know what to expect but when I saw him I was pretty happy. His eyes weren't yellow so no jaundice and his liver was OK, his tongue was pink and healthy. We spent the afternoon together travelling around health shops and his energy was pretty good. When we met, his skin was a healthy dark brown with no skin problems. But he told me that when he flew into Manila and his family were there to meet him only a month before -- his skin was actually white and he was very skinny -- his father was so shocked that he broke down and wept when he saw his son. But when I saw him just after a month, when he had followed the anti-candida protocol and diet faithfully(given below), it even surprised me how good he looked. He was a little thin, but his body wasn't in the wasting away stage anymore. He also recently reported that he had actually gained 3.3 kgms in one week which was great. My own past candida problems were a picnic compared to his problems.
Anyway, not to waste anymore time, this is the complete protocol -- with minor adjustments -- that I recommended to him. Most of it is based on Ted from Bangkok's recommendations for candida. Hopefully this will help some people.
This protocol is really in 5 parts comprising the anti-candida protocol :
1. Detox heavy metals and halogens -- Bromine, Chlorine & Fluorine
2. Supply all essential nutrients that are lacking
4. Build up the immune sytem.
3. Actively Kill the Candida
5. Proper Diet
This protocol is for worst case candida -- systemic candida, which should also work against just intestinal candida as well. The minimum anyone should do on this protocol is to make sure you take all the core attack remedies against the candida as well as taking the alkalizing remedies and religiously following the given diet. There are no quick shortcuts for a candida cure.
Improving your Body Terrain
* Take Ted's Lime/Lemon alkalizing remedies at least 2-3 times a day as recommended. I used mainly the ACV, lemon or lime alkalizing remedies. These alkalizing remedies create the worst possible environment for the candida while simultaneously creating a healthy body terrain. Also take the 1/4 to 1/2 tsp BS with water remedy on it's own one hour before bed - this will alkalize the blood to help you get a good nights sleep. If you have problems with this, then use Ted's Carbicarb remedy -- this is more balanced and incorporates potassium to balance any sodium issues. Potassium citrate can be taken to more directly aid intracellular alkalization. See this link for the alkalizing remedies:
* Take at least 2 tablespoons of VCO per day to help constipation and intestinal issues. VCO contains mainly medium chain saturated acids, very protective for the intestines, liver and blood. Contains lauric acid, caproic acid, caprylic acid and myristic acid -- these act as anti-microbials helping to destroy the candida as well as protecting the intestines from any further external microbial invasion. I don't use vegetable oils anymore, I cook only with VCO now.See this link:
* Take herbal supplements Chanca Piedra and Milk Thistle(dosage for both herbs: 1000 mgs 3 times a day with meals) because the candida die-off will create a big strain on both your immune system and the liver which will have to clear the dead candida debris and toxins from your blood. Think of this as taking out the candida trash. This die-off will give you flu-like or liverish or allergic-like symptoms and perhaps some diarrhea. Accept this and work your way through it as it should disappear once your body gains control again.
* Detox and get rid of heavy metals from your body. Due to diet and if you've taken medicinal drugs for any length of time you will have an accumulation of heavy metals. To get rid of this just drink green tea 2 or 3 times a day and eat Cilantro 3 times a week in salads. You can also use 10% Sodium Thiosulphate(bought from aquarium shops) to get rid of heavy metals, arsenic, cyanide and chlorine. These will get rid of heavy metals over time. Use 6 -10 drops of ST in a full glass of water daily. Heavy metals create an ideal acidic environment for candida as well as for nanobacteria. See link:
Remedies that Directly Attack and Kill the Candida
* Drink 1/4 teaspoon of borax in a litre of water throughout the day. Take this for 4 days on then rest for 3 days. So, 4 days on, 3 days off with the Borax water. Or just buy boron tablets(same as borax) from the health store and take at least 10 - 12 mgs per day. Borax is the ultimate anti-fungal, also good for bones and helps to balance the hormones as well as chelating out the fluoride from your body.
* Methylene Blue(MB). You can buy this at any aquatics or fish supply store. Used to get rid of fungal and bacterial infections on fish. Also used throughout the last century as a successful anti-malarial. Taking MB on its own will turn your urine green and the whites of your eyes blue, but if you take at least 1000 mgs Vitamin C with the MB, these side-effects will not occur.Dosage: 6 - 8 drops of a 0.1% solution of MB in a full glass of water once or twice a day. Do not take MB after 3 or 4 o'clock in the afternoon - it gives you alot of energy so you will not be able to sleep !!(I learned this the hard way...LOL) MB is a deep acting anti-fungal that is able to penetrate the blood/brain and blood/bone barriers of the body. MB is also a marvellous mitochondrial super anti-oxidant for your brain -- gives you lots of energy.
* Supplementing with at least 12.5 to 50 mgs of 5% lugols iodine per day -- 2 to 8 drops a day in a glass of water. Read the story of Dr Orian Truss, Candida and Lugol's Iodine. Iodine will also help to balance your hormones and is also able to remove dangerous halogens like fluorine and bromine from your body. Lugol's Iodine also removes heavy metals from the body like aluminium, cadmium, lead and mercury from your body and is very beneficial.
* Hydrogen peroxide(food grade) I just use a capful of 3% HP in one litre of water a day when I need it. HP kills bacteria,viruses and fungi. Sometimes I splash 3% HP all over my body, this kills everything bad topically as well as being absorbed quite well transdermally into my body by this method. Very potent against all forms of bacteria, viruses and fungus. See link:
Additional and Useful Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
* Vitamin C - Taken in the more alkaline form of Sodium Ascorbate -- at least 1000 mgs twice a day. Vit C is an anti-oxidant and also chelates heavy metals as well.
* Magnesium -- Taken as Mag Chloride, Mag Citrate or Mag Gluconate. Helps balance Calcium in the body. Dosage: 250 mgs twice a day. Magnesium is involved in over 300 major enzyme body processes and also gets rid of any staph or strep bacteria quite well. Magnesium Chloride is the best form of magnesium in my opinion. See this link:
* Natural Sea Salt or Fulvic/Humic Acid. Both of these will act in the same way as absorbtion synergists as well as help create a healthy intestine and help to supply other much needed minerals to your body. See these links:
1. Absolutely NO SUGAR. No ifs, no buts -- it starts here !! Candida feeds off sugar, which promotes their rapid growth and spread. When too much sugar is eaten constantly everyday, this habit also works to greatly lower the immune system’s capability to fight disease. Use Stevia as a sweetner in your drinks instead.
2. No junk food allowed. Contains way too much refined salt, MSG, vegetable oils and other additives. All acid bad.
3. No vegetable oils in the diet. Vegetable oil oxidizes fairly quickly on the shelf from sunlight and very rapidly at high heat because they are polyunsaturated(weak chemical bonds) fats. Most RBD vegetable oils nowadays are also now made from an unnatural chemical process. As far back as 1962, Dr Denham Harman, a Nobel Prize winner who discovered the anti-oxidant nature of vitamins, proved and concluded in his famous experiments feeding mice vegetable oils with their food, that vegetable oils or polyunsturated fats significantly contribute to causing problems like cancer. So better to use a saturated fat like virgin coconut oil or even grass-fed lard for cooking -- saturated fats are more stable oils that do not oxidise easily and are also good for you. Many vegetarian website quote The Okinawan Diet as there reason for just vegetables being good for you -- which is inaccurate. If you read the book, The Okinawan Diet -- which carefully defines this diet through their research -- the Okinawans generally used pork offal and pork fat in all their healthy cooking -- and, in their pre-WW2 diet they never used whole grain bread, olive oil, soy milk, apples, and yogurt as many articles suggest.. When I had candida and started taking coconut oil, my bad constipation and bloating issues disappeared in about two weeks and my toilet became regular again. VCO is very healthy for your body and intestines. I only ever cook with VCO now and VCO has actually helped me to lose weight. Since the 1960s, babyfoods have been using only coconut oil for their cooked products and those in hospital with intestinal trauma are usually always fed with food cooked in coconut oil now. VCO helps to protect the intestines and the body and is also anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal.
4. No soda pop. Apart from containing sugar, high fructose corn syrup(HFCS) and aspartame, sweet soda drinks also contain carbonic and phosphoric acids as well as halogens like fluorides in their mix -- all of which only works to greatly acidify your body. HFCS also contains mercury and also contains poisonous chemicals like glutaraldehyde -- which is normally used as a poisonous industrial cleaner.
5. No Sweeteners allowed -- no aspartame, sucralose or saccharine. These are excitotoxins which helps to destroy your CNS. In our bodies, aspartame metabolizes to formaldehyde and methanol which is also a poison. In the old days people used stills to make there own illicit distilled alcoholic beverages and if they were not careful in their process methanol would form. It is also well known that wood alcohol or methanol is poisonous and that as little as 10 ml would be enough to cause permanent blindness in humans Aspartame is also acidifying.
6. Eat only white meat like chicken or fish in small amounts and avoid all red meats. Proteins -- meats -- eaten in excessive quantites are acidifying.
7. No baking products like bread, cakes pastries etc. In the 70s the FDA, in their wisdom, allowed the use of bromide and bromates in bread-making instead of iodine. Bromine weakens the immune system and encourages acid body. Wheat also contains alloxan, a poison which can help to destroy the pancreas and cause diabetes over time.
8. In your diet, include using a handful of chopped coriander leaf or cilantro in a salad three times a week and drink green tea 2-3 times a day. Ted from Bamgkok has said that doing this for a month will remove most heavy metals successfully from your body.
9. No canned products in the diet. Bisphenol A -- or BPA -- is contained in all plastic linings of canned products and is very bad for you. It acts as a psuedo-estrogen -- a female hormone -- and upsets hormone balance, further weakening the immune system.
10. No Calcium -- calcium feeds candida -- which means no dairy products -- no milk, no cheese,no yoghurt etc. Avoid all calcium fortified foods. Excess calcium encourages acidity throughout the body and paticularly in the tissue cells where it tends to cause tissue myalgia pain. In 1970 the recommended calcium to magnesium ratio was 4:1. Then it became 2:1 in the 1990s. I’m guessing that, probably in another 10 years, these same RDA experts will recommend a calcium to magnesium ratio of 1:1. Ted from Bangkok recommends taking no Calcium supplementation in your diet because western foods are all over-fortified with calcium now. Calcium causes acidity inside the cells when taken in excess and when magnesium is lacking in the diet. Magnesium regulates Calcium in the body.
11. No Fruits. Strange perhaps -- but here's the reason. In general most fruits contain citric acid -- especially the citrus fruits. In a healthy body that can cope with the acid from fruits it is fine to eat fruits in moderation. But if you are ill with an acid-loving disease like candida then any acid food like citrus fruits will actually promote candida because eating fruits uses up your alkaline body bicarbonates during digestion. This further weakens the immune system, increases blood acidity and helps diseases like candida to dominate the body.
12. No Monosodium Glutamate(MSG) allowed for the same reasons as aspartame.
13. Avoid GMO foods. This means that, for instance, all soy products made from a chemical process -- including soy sauce, tofu etc. are not allowed. But any soy products made from a natural and organic fermentation process are OK and allowed. If you buy soya products like soya milk, make sure it is organic and contains soya flour. If it contains soya protein then it has been made from a chemical process and also might be GMO(especially in the US).
14. Avoid distilled water and tap-water. Distilled water is "dead water" -- it completely lacks any important body minerals that natural spring-water contains. If you drink distilled water, this will actually act to pull important minerals out of your body during digestion in the intestines. Tap-water nowadays -- due to water shortages -- is now re-cycled and chemically processed from sewage (especially in cities) and stored in reservoirs that are fed with water tables polluted with agricultural fertilizers and pesticides, so goodness knows what evil goodies tap-water contains. Enough said I think. Drink fresh mineral or spring water or create your own mineral water instead. You should always drink 1 -- 2 glasses of water at mealtimes. This helps digestion.
15. Use Sea Salt rather than refined table salt for cooking and eating. Sea salt contains many beneficial natural minerals, is akaline, and also acts like a protective anti-biotic in the body and helps to protect the intestines and liver. Sea salt is also far more alkaline than refined table salt which is normally acidic.
16. Try and avoid all (chemically) processed food if you can. Try and eat foods that are made from natural processes without excess heating or use of chemicals. Read food labels carefully before you buy.
17. Whenever you eat your meals, its always best to eat bigger meals at breakfast and lunch. Your evening dinner should be eaten early at about 5:00 pm because shortly after this time, your body goes into another mode. This mode slows down digestion, making it inefficient, which actually impairs digestion, such that large amounts of food can end up sitting and stagnating in your intestines for anything up to twelve12 hours. This encourages and results in acidity, pathogen growth and poisons being absorbed into the body from the intestines. So, better as a habit to eat a much smaller quantity of food at dinner to ensure healthy and complete digestion of food before sleep.
18. When you eat food, don't always rush and over-stuff yourself as this can lead to poor, inefficient digestion and acid intestines. There is always a lag from between when you feel hungry and when your hunger is satisfied but if you eat too fast, you will eat too much too quickly and this is not good for you. Eat your food slower, chew food thoroughly, and drink plenty of water at mealtimes for proper digestion. The Chinese -- and Okinawans -- normally eat until they feel 70% full, then they stop. This is also good simple dietary practice.