CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Not really. Just trying to avoid pancreatitis.

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Natural Teeth Restoration!
The Powder that heals, protects, remineralizes

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
TheHealthGuy Views: 9,177
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,840,106

Re: Not really. Just trying to avoid pancreatitis.

I know there are lots of people out there who promote flushing gallstones using olive oil, lemon juice and epson salts or similar combinations however, what they don't tell you is that flushing stones can be dangerous, especially if you have already had an episode of acute pancreatitis.

Passing gallstones can be a serious detrement to your health.

Why?

Because the stones can again obstruct your pancreatic duct causing another episode of pancreatitis and this time you may not be lucky. You could really damage your pancreas and suffer necrosis (dead panc tissue) or worse necrotizing pancreatitis which is dead pancreatic tissue with infection (similar to gangrene), and also develop cysts, internal bleeding, organ failure and death.

If you damage your pancreas enough you will suffer chroic pancreatitis and up your risk of the complication I listed previously but also add pancreatic cancer to the list. But ...

Let's say nothing of that nature happens. The gallstones simply pass via the flush. Since gallstones are not perfectly round nor nice and smooth but instead come in various shapes and sizes with edges that can be sharp as razors, they can damage the common bile duct, by ripping it to sheds or at least causing damage that scars the ducts. Scar tissue can form causing problems later and if you don't get rid of the stones in some manner you also run the risk of cholecystitis (acute infection).

It is true there are a lot of unnecessary surgeries performed; however, considering you have already had one mild acute pancreatitis episode the prudent course of action in my humble opinion would be to have your gallbladder surgically removed. In this day and age with laparoscopic or keyhole surgery you could be home the same day or the next.

If it turns out that you have pancreatic damage from you acute pancreatitis episode you may also suffer chronic pancreatitis in which case you'll need to do whatever it takes to avoid more damage and the resulting possible complications.

I've lived with pancreatitis for over 30 years.

When finally diagnosed, I was told my future may be limited to 10 years but I didn't like that prognosis and so found the way to not only survive but become pain free. If you want to learn more about pancreatitis check out living with pancreatits.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

4.500 sec, (2)