CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My dietary conclusion....please debate

Views: 3,001
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,863,009

Re: My dietary conclusion....please debate

You are right… I don’t know how to eat on this diet. My whole concept of nutrition is so skewed and IDK how to adapt this diet to my particular situation (GERD, gastroparesis, candida, metals, CFS/FMS, IBS/IBD, food intolerances and reactions…).

I used to be vegan most of my life. I miss that lifestyle and it felt “right” morally. However, food intolerances developed (after my bout with MRSA and Vancomycin) and I had to stop b/c I could not tolerate gluten and soy…even beans caused issues (and I used to eat a ton of hummus!).

The meats I eat now are chicken breast and eggs. I don’t do any red meat, pork, or turkey. I used to eat lots of fish, but am scared now b/c of all my metal toxicities (I used to eat Sole, Basa, sardines, and tilapia. All were “wild caught” except the tilapia, which is always farm-raised). Are fish a food I should avoid? I’m getting a bit sick of chicken, lol.

I haven’t eaten wheat/gluten in years. I’ve avoided Sugar for years, too..even fruits. I cannot tolerate potatoes. Dairy has given me major issues in the past and I am afraid to try yogurt again (even though I was recently muscle tested on it and I was strong. Do u find muscle testing valid? Should I try the yogurt or is it not really of much benefit? I got tested on Green Valley lactose-free plain yogurt and Okio’s plain greek).

I do admit, this time, I feel a bit less anxious after meals. I think I was reacting to an ingredient in the rice tortillas (tapioca perhaps?) and my heart would race after eating that meal. It could be from the fact that I am now basically following “proper food combining principles,” if that is something that is actually valid.

The only grain I’m doing is 2 organic brown rice cakes. I also do brown rice protein powder, but the carbs are negligible.

Is your diet ketogenic?

Do u know how many carbs u consume? What is an appropriate amount so that the yeast does not proliferate again? Have u ever calculated ur macronutrients and cals?

Since being on this diet, have u found that your strength or energy have changed? What have u noticed about your mood or anxiety level? There are lots of theories that diet contributes to our emotional regulation, and I wonder if you’ve noticed any changes?

Good to know about switching up probiotics. I tend to do that, for I feel they start to lose effectiveness after some time. How many strains should I look for?

Here is my current diet change. Anything you’d recommend I tweak?
1. veggie juice (homemade)
1 rice cake + 1 TB almond butter + 2 TB rice protein

2. Stir fry (3oz chicken breast, steamed veggies, 1/2TB coconut oil, a few TBs of homemade avocado/pea "guacamole" + kelp, cayenne, black pepper, Sea Salt )

3. 1 rice cake + 1 TB almond Butter + 2 TB rice protein

4. 2 soft boiled eggs (and maybe more homemade veggie juice)

5. Same stir fry meal 2

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.828 sec, (2)