CureZone   Log On   Join
Another reason to avoid gallbladder surgery

flowerchild59 Views: 2,147
Published: 17 years ago

Another reason to avoid gallbladder surgery

As many of you know I had my gb removed in 2002 and have had persistent GI symptoms ever since.....like diarrhea, pain, reflux etc.
I have had such bad left sided stomach pain and reflux so bad that I finally went to a doctor. I have a granuloma on my vocal cord from acid reflux and had an endoscopy yesterday. It show esophagitis and gastris up and down my GI tract. Bile was backing up into my stomach and esophagus and I have gastritis classified as moderate to severe. I have erosions in my upper esphagus.
Needless to say, I have been miserable. I have been doing research about GERD and find that bile relux is a "side effect" of gb surgery and is the worst to treat. It will predispose me to cancer (which is already high from my family history).
The doctor put me on protonix to help my esphophagus heal. If anyone has any experience with this, let me know what more I need to do.
I still plan on doing my 4 times a year maintenance flushes.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

2.656 sec, (1)