CureZone   Log On   Join
Good morning

grace2010 Views: 868
Published: 9 years ago

Good morning

The 10 minas: a call to ministry to others
In Luke Chapter 19 Jesus tells a parable to the ten minas. I am sure you are all familiar.
I heard a sermon on this parable that brought me to greater conviction on how we are to serve God.

We pray to god asking for our needs to be met and we wait for and have faith for a "suddenly" a major change in our lives. Often the prayer is answered immediately but not in this manner. Often we receive a seed that if planted and nurtured will grow into the thing requested. Just so we are each given the gifts as a result of prayer. These gifts equate to the minas int he parable. We each have received from god salvation, for example. How do we invest this minas in order to receive more gifts from the Lord?

We each have received much form the Lord. All of us to varying degrees have received the revelation of Jesus Christ, and I believe we all want to know him more. Sharing the revelation we have will lead to more revelation. We can get so busy or complacent and bury our minas. If we have a gift we have the responsibility to use it or we displease the lord and it becomes hard to receive more gifting.

So there goes my complacency once again. LOL

God does want us to be of service and he does give us gifts to help us do so, but here's the part that really is worth all the rest. He also gives us gifts sot that you and he can know each other deeper and deeper. He longs to have intimacy with each of us.
How I long to overcome the blocks to deeper revelations of his spirit. And so I must over come those things that block my witnessing. Politeness, wanting to not bother anyone, the feeling that trying to talk to someone about Jesus is like telling them they have bad breathe or something like that. He is the greatest gift and we all need him so much. Yet I know how hard it can be for people to overcome the flesh to see that. What do you all think about this? Have any of you found a way to witness? Any ideas
Grace

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.156 sec, (1)