CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fire drill, vaccine scares, etc.

Ohfor07 Views: 4,279
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 187,883

Re: Fire drill, vaccine scares, etc.

some of the most vulnerable to vaccine hype are senior citizens, people who've been getting kicked around in this world long enough that many have had a lot of their common senses programmed out of them long ago. Many have grown to be very quick to get cranky about things, like missing the next meal (dad), missing the afternoon soaps (mom), or the general belief / suspicion that somebody once again is fixin to give them the short end of the stick, like, on the government handout du'jure. I know, I'm fortunate to still have both of mine alive in my life, both sold lock stock and barrel on vaccines.

Last year about this time we had the great "flue vaccine shortage" scare that was trumpeted by the media just in time to make a nice late-stage addition to the campaign pomp. Around here, within 48 hours of the first news reports of this supposed shortage, the scare was already in full motion, seniors were already over-running the grocery store clinic (something about those words combined just does not sound right ;), lawn chairs in hand to wait it out however long necessary. Conveniently, a local TV station camera just happened to be nearby and stuck in the face of one irate senior who was quoted "give me my !#$! vaccine or I'm calling my lawyer!".

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.469 sec, (1)