CureZone   Log On   Join
Is this Chilitis??

Ana Q Views: 9,438
Published: 11 years ago

Is this Chilitis??

For some reason everytime I think I've diagnosed myself I read a symptom that isn't like mine. This is exactly what I'm going through for the second time in the last 3 years. One day I notice my lips are especially dry, just out of the blue...then overtime they become more dry and start to peel. At this stage I notice they feel very odd to the touch. Almost like I'm touching paper on my lips? and it feels like when I touch them I don't fully feel them- kind of a numbness, like the actual feeling is hidden beneath layers of my actual lip if that makes any sense. Anyways, when I had my first bout in 2009 my lips were at their worst. It lasted for about 4 months and I went to every allergist and dermatologist and they could do nothing for me. My lips at this point where starkly purple along with the dryness and peeling. I was getting dark purple spots on them and before I knew it I had looked like I had been sucking on a grape popsical. Eventually...with time this went away and my lips returned to normal. I had thought it was my lip balm or I was perhaps allergic to petrolium, so I stopped using anything other then occassional organic balm without petrolium. Fast forward now two years later, and it's back! :( Only this time my lips itch and burn a lot, mostly around the lip line. They are thankfully not as purple (though they did start out that way and I peeled off the purple spots), but they become very irritated and tingle after I put balm on them- however this is the only thing I can do so that they look normal, and believe it or not they feel better eventhough the balm makes them itch more. I've been using olive oil before bed but it doesn't help. I am going to see a dermatologist for this newest bout but im not confident he will be able to do anything. This really stinks. I just thank God it isn't as bad as some people's I've seen. It just is very uncomfortable. Thankfully my boyfriend is out of the country studying when this came on because I can't imagine kissing with these lips!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.813 sec, (1)