CureZone   Log On   Join
Nerve damage from dental anesthesia?

Views: 2,510
Published: 11 years ago

Nerve damage from dental anesthesia?

Hi MH,

If you remember, I’m the guy who was trying to save a cracked or infected tooth couple of months ago (removed crown, oregano oil, Tooth&Gum Powder). To make the story short, I failed to get improvements... But I eventually went to another “decent” dentist who opened this filling and found that there was a small cavity left on one side. He drilled that and put that a temporary crown back. So far – no pain! If it remains fine – he will put a permanent crown. He said one could not see this cavity without head magnifier lenses that he uses. If this is all true then that previous “decent” dentist has missed that cavity multiple times.

But now I have a new problem. This same “new” dentist started working on another crown on other (lower) side 4 days ago. Tooth is alive, no rootcanal. He was doing preparation for the impression, took his time and, eventually, by the end of procedure anesthesia did wear out and I was in pain. I insisted on another shot.

For next 3 days I was feeling numb on that side. Now numbness is almost gone, but I’m having pretty severe pain in one spot - that is not the tooth pain; but below the tooth, by the jaw. As well, my whole cheek is swelled and muscles are really tight. It’s all obviously caused by that anesthesia. He keeps saying that it will all go away and I have nothing to worry about. But I’ve never had such things although I’ve suffered lots of dental butchering in past.

My main worry is what are the chances of this being a permanent nerve damage? Is there anything I can do to help it heal? Heat? Massage? Herbs? How do I help that nerve to heal?

Thank you!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.359 sec, (1)