CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Any suggestions for mouth masks?

Hairymoccasins Views: 1,213
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,893,942

Re: Any suggestions for mouth masks?

Hey there, very fist post on this site. I've been on here a good bit though. A brief history on me and how this all started. I'm a 23 year old male, half caucasian half costa rican. I use to bite my lips as a kid and think this may be how i developed EC. Also, i have eczema on my back,chest and face, but i got rid of that by switching to oatmeal soap. I do drink regularly and smoke herb on occasion. I smoked cigs for several years and then quit. Its really hard for me to pin point exactly when and how i could have gotten this, aside from the biting. I work and worked around dusty enviornments when i got ec. Like others on here my lips become white when in contact with water and then when they dry eventually they flake off or if i lick them they turn white again. My tongue is also constantly white. I brush my teeth 2x a day and have tried switching to all natural tooth paste without improvement. I have tried tons of stuff, lip balms (all natural and other) calendula lotion, retin-a-micro, protopic, epiceram, dish soap...etc the list goes on. Recently i have just stopped doing anything and i think that is really the best way to go about it. I currently take fish oil w/omega 3 tablet, b complex vit, acidiphilous tablet and vitamin E tablet. I drink lots of water and have a sorta healthy diet. I should exercise more, but do get a good work out in my line of work. Now that that's out of the way, I have also thought about wearing a mask, just not to work but when going grocery shopping. I'd say if it helps you calm down and not stress, wear one. I know how mentally frustrating it can be to have people starring at your lips. It's tough but it's really not that bad, you could have been born with a hairy nipple in the middle of your forehead, now that would suck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.328 sec, (1)