CureZone   Log On   Join
Terbinafine vs. Fluconazole

warduck Views: 17,486
Published: 9 years ago

Terbinafine vs. Fluconazole

Hi, I'm still in the midst of a terrible yeast flare-up, although I've been feeling a little better lately. This is because I was able to get access to terbinafine (Lamisil), and started taking 250 mg/day on Monday.

But things aren't improving so fast. Entering Day 5 since I started terbinafine, I still get sudden brain fog/ooze events, sometimes after eating (no sugar/sulfur diet). My skin is still an itchy, flaky mess. While I was able to sleep the night of the first dose, it's back to insomnia and wakeful sleep.

My understanding is that terbinafine is fungistatic against candida, which means it only prevents the growth of this yeast. It relies on the body to clear out the infection. This is contrasted with fluconazole (Diflucan), which is fungicidal against many candida strains.

I can now obtain fluconazole, and am wondering whether I should switch over. I really can't take another week of sitting around in misery and pain, waiting for things to improve. I can't even chelate and have lost a month. My neutrophils are in the tank due to DMSA overdose, so I don't think my body will be able to fight this yeast naturally.

1. Should I switch to fluconazole now?

2. If I switch, is it inevitable that the yeast become more resistant to terbinafine?

I've also added lithium orotate at 5 mg/day starting yesterday, and Neutrophil Plus should arrive today.

Appreciate any feedback.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.219 sec, (1)