CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hm Digital ZT-2 Tds Meter

ino Views: 2,801
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,915,852

Re: Hm Digital ZT-2 Tds Meter

10 hours to produce 4ppm? Good grief, that's slow.

If it took me that long, I'd be looking for a different unit - minus any of those bells and whistles it may have.

I know one can't be in a hurry where producing this stuff is concerned, but 10 hours for 4ppm definitely is not on for me.

The concept of home produced solutions was for simplicity, meaning ditch that unit if it's got all those bells and whistle features and go for a simple unit that does the same job - in far less time!

TDS vs EC meters...

Contrary to popular opinion regarding TDS and EC meters, I use a HM digital EC meter {set on microseimens}, a Hanna TDS meter, and a HM digital TDS meter, and I can tell you they are *all* similar in readout, none of them are accurate, but they are all 'inaccurate' to a similar degree. What level of accuracy can one possibly hope for in their own kitchen when using any of those meters?

Double the TDS meter reading to get an approximation readout value of an EC meter.

Example: 4ppm on a TDS meter will be roughly 8 on an EC meter, give or take. Much of a muchness to me when producing this stuff in ones own kitchen.

If one is producing this stuff on a commercial scale, then laboratory analysis would be a necessity to attain a higher degree of accuracy, but for the home produced product an EC meter *or* a TDS meter is perfectly adequate.

And before anyone climbs all over my back, I'm not arguing with what JAB has said, just pointing out that this has been my experience over several years using *both* these meters.

It's not the accuracy of ppm that is important, that's an impossible dream using ANY meter in the home, it's the QUALITY of that product that's paramount, and an approximation of silver content in the water which will enable one to have a ppm level to repeatedly aim for when producing batch after batch using either meter.

Disclaimer: My opinion based on experience, make of it what one will.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.109 sec, (1)