CureZone   Log On   Join
brain fog that appeared to correlate with UTI but now will not go away

Hulda Clark Cleanses
Parasite Cleanse, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Flush, Bowel Program acco...

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

My Complexion is Glowing
Oxy-Powder Attacks The Source Of Your Constipation, You Will ...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
effie6 Views: 11,201
Published: 9 years ago

brain fog that appeared to correlate with UTI but now will not go away

I have suffered with recurrent UTI's for years but a few months ago had a particularly severe one which I took 4 different Antibiotics some not finishing the course because I felt they weren't working (stupid I know, probably the reason Im in this mess I know).
I dont think it ever really went. But my urinary symptoms completley died down after a course of trimethaprim. After about a month I became severely brain fogged (cant concentrate, terrible memory loss, cant hold a coversation like normal)and fatigued and had muscle weakness and couldn't do anything. I thought I had ME.
I had strong smelling urine and occasional twinges when weeing but no normal UTI symptoms.
Then after about a month it transpired I had a UTI. The sensitivity test said it was sensitive to amox so the doc put me on 250mg 7 day course. The symptoms improved but didn't go. I then had a 5 day course of 500mg amox and the urinary symptoms went and the brain fog seemed to lift. I was so happy to feel clear again.
This lasted for about a week, then after drinking at my Dads 50th birthday party i felt a bit foggy for 2 days. Then I had a glass of wine one evening the next week...I was brain fogged till about 3pm the next day. Then I went out with my friends on the friday night, drinking. That was it, the UTI and brain fog came back full blown. Well I say full blown the urinary symptoms weren't like a normal UTI they were like a milder version but still very apparent.
I went back to the docs and demanded more Antibiotics (they had seemed to work last time)despite a -ve urine sample. He gave me another weeks course of augmentin-it didn't work.
I was becoming very desperate as I can't function as normal and it is serverly affecting my studies and making me depressed. So I paid to see a private uroligist. He had never heard of the brain fog symptom. He has given me a long course of ciprofloxacin. I am now on day 5 and my brain fog is still very much here. But my urinary symptoms have pretty much gone.
I am a 5th year dental student approaching my finals and I cant think straight. I just failed a practical exam and my tutor said I just didn't seem with it. She was right I never feel with it at the moment. It is making me so sad. I am on the verge of tears all the time, I feel like I can't carry on with my course and everyone seems to think I have a mental health problem and I think they want to try to treat my depression, they wont listen to me when I say it is the brain fog that is making me depressed, I think they think my brain fog is psycosomatic.
I know that something is causing it and the strange thing is that I was better for a week then relapsed. I just don't understand it.
The other thing is that I always seem to feel better in the evenings, I am drinking lots of water and weeing lots in the day and I feel like something builds back up throughout the night . My wee is always very strong in the mornings- more so than is normal i feel.
I am desperate to get better at this moment in time I feel I am going to drop out of my course and feel like no-one understands or even believes me. Im scared its never going to go. I feel a shadow of the person I used to be. Can anybody help?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.484 sec, (2)