CureZone   Log On   Join
Suggestion re: Dry/Swollen Eye(s)

Views: 957
Published: 15 years ago

Suggestion re: Dry/Swollen Eye(s)

Hi All,

I hope this post is appropriate, if not please let me know and I will edit it out.

I have, for quite some time now, had a problem with my right eye being dry, red, and swollen fairly often, resulting sometimes in the feeling that there is "something in it" (i think this is my swollen eye lid sitting/pushing against against my dry cornea/pupil)... also, in the past few months I have noticed that my right pupil is sometimes larger than my left pupil. Looking back on pictures of myself from 2 - 3 years ago I noticed that my right eye has always seemed to be noticeably different/out of proportion from my left. More swollen, red, just plain not as healthy looking as my left. Also when i used to wear contacts it was always my right eye that would dry out and force me to remove the contacts, my left eye never had a problem with contacts (although i stoppped wearing them about a year and a half ago now).

A few days ago, I started to do the following:

- Every couple of hours or so, take a cloth and dip it in cold water (preferably purified/distilled), apply the cloth to your eye(s) and repeat for about 3 - 5 minutes.

I have noticed after just a few days that my right eye seems to be appearing much healthier and more similar to my left eye, it doesn't feel as dry, and it is not nearly as red/swollen as it normally is. Also, for the first time today in months, my right pupil appears to be on-par with my left in terms of size and appearance.

Not sure why this is working, maybe my right eye just needs the extra moisture???? In any case, FYI, just thought I would share this little success story. Although maybe it is not so much success if i have to keep doing this! hopefully I can figure out a more permanent solution!!

the end

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.828 sec, (1)