CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Getting Started

Golthing Views: 1,541
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,927,937

Re: Getting Started

I didn't do any supplements. The Water Fast works best if nothing but water is taken. Sometimes I chew gum or something for my breath. You don't want to be repulsive during a fast.

A juice fast after Water Fasting is a really nice way to break the fast. you will still be in ketosis for a few days after beginning juice, if you don't go overboard on the juice. 3 12-16 oz servings a day was what I aimed for. A shot or two of wheatgrass here and there is nice as well.

for my first year of trying to get rid of Hashimotos, I averaged one week of Water Fasting per month. Some fasts were two and one three week long. This resulted in about 100 days of fasting in one year.

My condition was much, much better. Many symptoms were pretty much gone, such as joint pain. I didn't need thyroid meds any more.

Now when I fast, I usually try to start with three days dry and then transition into a water fast. I get really tired dry fasting, so three to four days is all I can handle and still work.

My Hashimotos has flared up recently and I think it's due primarily to stress. there is a link to the adrenals and thyroid. Also, I haven't been fasting enough. Also, I stopped taking Iodine on a regular basis.

I think to get completely better I would need to do a complete fast in a stress-free environment. that's difficult when you have a mortgage and bills, etc.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.344 sec, (1)