CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: If you are sick, you need to cast out the demons.

refreshed Views: 1,443
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,941,558

Re: If you are sick, you need to cast out the demons.

You have to understand that this goes along with the calvinist belief system of "once saved, always saved". If a person has the Holy Spirit inside, it is believed that they can not also have an evil spirit at the same time. You can probably realize that it would be very terrifying for someone with that belief to think they would have a demon, because that would mean they did not have salvation.

This in turn causes one who is sick and not finding physical healing to wait on God or to look for inspiration from other sick people....especially those who seem to overcome greatly. I love vektek very much and do not wish to see her suffer, but she and I see her suffering in totally different ways.

The difference has causes us to rock back and forth in a sea sickening type way at times, because I wish to share from my belief system and she stands strong in her own. I always thought we could just each post what we believe and the other does not have to comment. If debate is necessary then the subject could go to the christian debate forum.

For myself, when I came to understand there was something terribly wrong with my health....when I heard the doctor say the words....multiple sclerosis, I knew in my heart, that I was not meant to be disabled by this medical word. I chose the words of Jesus, that by His stripes I was healed. God had other plans for me and I knew it.

Now, how do I feel about totally disabled people? I think God has a plan for them as well, either healed or not healed. As we have not seen too many limbs regrow or organs be replaced in our lifetime. Not that God could not give them, but because our faith is not strong enough....and God knew this....we have much scripture to encourage those that can not "for whatever reason" find the healing they desire.

In my belief system, I have the promise of salvation, if I endure to the end....vektek believes that she already has full salvation. So you can see how this would change much on how someone looks at life and how they look at scripture.

If calvinists are wrong however about whether demons can possess them, one would think an over abundance of demons could very well manifest in their lives, because they do not recognize them. Personally I don't see any more or less in them than I do any other Spirit filled person.

On another note: I understand that faith in our prayers to others has great power from the Holy Spirit, but I do not believe that we can force a person's will, by praying for them. However I do believe that by praying for people, we are actually asking God to set up the person's life for "change"....and normally this is not pleasant for the person we are praying for. It does not force their will but it puts them in uncomfortable life situations where they wish and choose to change. Eventually they finally show true desire to change and seek God's ways of healing. The story of Jonah comes to mind.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.281 sec, (2)