CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Pretty much healed

JDubbs Views: 3,273
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,942,826

Re: Pretty much healed

I had EC for probably about 3 months. I got it after using lip balm way too much this past winter. After leaving them alone for the past 2 months, I am almost completely healed. The key is to leave the crusts on as long as possible. Gradually the skin under the crusts emerges healthier and healthier. It is definitely a gradual process but it is worth taking the time. I think all the invasive, expensive treatments are a waste of time and money. Stick to a healthy diet, keep your stress as low as possible, and leave your lips ALONE as much as possible. I would avoid getting them wet in the beginning just so the crusts don't fall off. But don't make yourself crazy over it. If they get wet just dab them with a towel, don't rub.

My heart goes out to the mother of the 17 year old that has been posting on this site. As a mother, I would never want to see my child suffer through this. My own children had to see me battle this horrible thing. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Just keep supporting your son and give him tons of love...he will get better. There was a time a couple months ago when I couldn't smile, kiss, or barely open my mouth. With the "leave it alone" method, it gets worse before it gets better, but it does get better.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

4.625 sec, (1)