CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I think I finally figured it out.

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
ways_of_wisdom Views: 6,052
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,944,293

Re: I think I finally figured it out.

First, for sticking with my mile-long post in which I made several mistakes... Second, for sharing about your own experience with wheat's "pull", you've no idea how much I've beaten myself down for my "selective memory", stubborness and/or weakness so I feel less bad seeing I'm not the only one behaving in a way that doesn't seem to make sense.  Social situations are a trap indeed, I once was a party and got hungry after a lot of dancing and except for potato and corn chips everything else had wheat and since I needed something more filling I ate several mini-sandwiches, then ended up eating a cookie and some cake.  And if wheat were the only thing to avoid I'm sure I could've made it but it gets to be too much at times having to avoid dairy (love yogurt and cheeses!) and sugar, to me it has felt as if all the enjoyment out of eaten had been taken out.  But I NEVER again want to have the horrid attacks that I was having so I don't think I will be forgetting again!

So far it's been 11 days since my last attack and I got only tolerably stressed while driving when I ran some errands last Tuesday, so I feel greatly encouraged in believing I won't have another one.  The swelling in my thyroid has finally gone down and for several nights I've been able to sleep on my side, also the stress-induced total nasal congestion hasn't been an issue for several days as well, and today I was able to sleep with just the help of 2 tryptophan caps, B-12 & a chewable calcium tab (250 mg.).  I'm still sleeping during the day, have no energy/motivation and I'm depressed but less than yesterday (I'd taken an OTC sleeping pill and those leave me depressed) but I guess it's one step at a time for me.  

Your hierarchy makes sense and it's probably the way I've done things in the past, but for a long time I haven't worked myself to low-carb, which is how I lose weight faster and feel better, in fact, I've been aware and pretty bothered mentally of how carb-dependent I'd become, but I'm sure I have lingering Candida issues.  But lately I don't crave sweets or huge amounts of starches every day and have had several low-carb meals that were pretty satisfying, so I'm hoping to keep working myself there.  Also, for reasons of economy I need to use the grains/legumes I already have, but I'm already thinking that without dairy it's going to be extremely difficult for me to stick with it, frankly, I'm even doubting I can do it at all because in the past I depended a lot on cheeses for variety.  But maybe with the gluten gone I may be able to have some raw milk cheese on occasion, I once read that gluten is really the main culprit and once it's removed dairy is less of a problem for some, and I even noticed it myself years ago while on Atkins, not even the lactose on some fresh cheeses bothered me as they would when on a "normal" diet.

I'm glad to see someone else doing Yoga, I'm not yet doing it but I'd wondered what kind of exercise would be gentle enough on my adrenals and remembered how calming Yoga was when I was having panic attacks many years ago while having a bad reaction to Armour thyroid, so I told my daughter about because she had VHS tapes that she's probably not using anymore and I have a VCR but she said she's going to send me a DVD, in the meantime I've gone back to my old "Bodyflex", the "weird" breathing on it helps to clear my brain fast and the stretches feel good so I think it helps.

N

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.078 sec, (2)