CureZone   Log On   Join
Issues with salt supplementation!

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
Nymue Views: 2,617
Published: 9 years ago

Issues with salt supplementation!

Hi all. Been around CureZone off and on for years, but have only been supplementing with Iodine for the past few months. I was recently on the monster thread over at Mark's Daily Apple (as Happy Paleo Girl), and am here now for more serious discussion!

I have only been able to increase my Iodine intake very slowly - 1/8 drop of 5% Lugol's per week. Going at it this way, I have been feeling GREAT! I'm currently taking 8.6 mgs daily. After I got up to 1 drop daily, I tried to increase by 1/4 drop per week, and I was on an emotional roller coaster for the next 2 weeks. I took 2 non-consecutive days off of Iodine and felt great the next day, so dropped back down to my 1/8 drop increase and have been doing well since then.
I thought that maybe I was having such a difficult time increasing because I wasn't supplementing with salt (though I'm taking all of the other companion supplements). I just never found that it helped me.

So yesterday, first thing in the morning, I did a salt load with 1/2 tsp. of pink himalayan salt in 1/2 cup of water, followed by 16 oz. of pure water. I ended up being REALLY bloated all day, despite drinking copious amounts of water all day long. I'm actually up a pound this morning, despite not eating much yesterday.
I had a similar experience when I first started supplementing with iodine, which I jumped in at WAY too high a dose! I ended up with broderma, a few extra pounds of water weight, and a horrible emotional mood. I stopped taking iodine and tried the salt flush protocol every 30 minutes and didn't experience ANY relief! No copious urination, no improvement of mental symptoms. I just laid off of the iodine until the symptoms subsided and then began supplementing at a much lower dose, once I found Grizz's info. on MDA.
I know that I have a lot of bromine to detox, because I can smell it coming out in my skin and especially the oils of my scalp, and the broderma was also evidence of it. Everything I read tells me that the salt displaces bromides and helps to flush them out faster, so I feel that I'm missing out by not supplementing with it.

Does anyone have any clue why I might be having such a difficult time with the daily salt load? Should I try just 1/4 tsp. instead? Or should I just be happy with my current level of slow iodine titration, sans salt, considering that I feel really well doing it this way?

FWIW, I do use the pink himalayan salt on my food, pretty copiously.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.813 sec, (2)