CureZone   Log On   Join
How do I sort out this edema and pressure in neck?

Kev5 Views: 2,225
Published: 9 years ago

How do I sort out this edema and pressure in neck?

I've been supplementing with 660 mcg of Iodine for a month and a half. For supporting nutrients, I take 400 mg of magnesium, 1g of vitamin C, 400 mcg of selenium from 4 brazil nuts and get a decent amount of copper and zinc from food.

I eat about 1.5-2 tsp of unrefined Sea Salt and drink about 1-2 glasses of water with 5-10 portions of fruit and vegetables daily.

These things happened this past week:
- I started taking 50-150 mcg more of Iodine every few days.
- About the same time, the edema in my hands came back.
- I had read that lymphedema is due to bromine detox, so I started eating more salt with my meals. This worsened the edema.
- Seeing as this wasn't working, I read more about salt and edema. Apparently, having too much salt in your system is difficult for the kidneys to eliminate, which in turn causes water retention. This would explain why I drink very little water.
- I decreased my salt and water consumption, as well as kept my Iodine at 660 mcg, but the edema has barely improved.
- Even worse, I have just recently started feeling pressure in my neck, directly where my thyroid is.

I am having a difficult time sorting this out. The edema in my hands could be caused by what? How do I balance my salt intake so that I get enough salt for supplementing iodine, but without causing edema? Will drinking more water worsen my edema? Most importantly, could this be in any way due to Hashimoto's?

Much thanks.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.156 sec, (1)