You never said what kind of Iodine you are taking.
- - - Iodine is used by the prostate + Stomach
- - - Iodide ( SSKI ) is used by the thyroid + skin + Salivary
- - - kidneys, spleen, liver, blood, breasts & intestines can use either form
It is best to take Lugols which contains both Iodine and Potassium Iodide. Your body needs both types.
In some cases, the thyroid will swell up to absorb as much iodine as possible when it is severely deficient. You might consider bumping up your dosage to 1 drop of Lugols 2% in a glass of water (3.1mg) to see if this helps the tightness in your throat.
Are you taking ALL of the required co-supplements?
- - ½ tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
- - - If the Sea Salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )
- - 200mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine or Methylselenocystine preferred)
- - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
- - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred -
- - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 (Niacin) non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1/2 caplet with iodine up to 25mg, then one caplet for each 50 mg iodine,
Reasons for each of the co-supplements here: http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Supplements
The ATP Cofactors are important to transport the iodine into your cells & the toxins out of your cells.