So this entire thing is rather embarrassing, but I'm very desperate for help at this point so I'm posting about it. For the past 2 months now I have had a pinworm infection. I have seen 4 doctors about it now and taken countless rounds of medication. I've taken vermox 4 times and Albenza 4x daily for around 2 weeks now and have only ever gotten a day or two or relief from them. The vermox honestly never really helped me. The first time I took it I thought all was well but within a few days they were back in action and after that none of the rounds of vermox I took did anything to help.
After that I started taking Albenza. It seemed to help at first but the same thing happened like before. I had a day of relief, the next day I started to feel what seemed like the worms coming back, and the next time they were back like they had never been gone. I've had this happen twice with Albenza now, and I'm currently not getting any relief from the terrible little things. I've done all the cleaning like a crazy person every day but it doesn't seem to help.
I have also taken tons of herbal things to try to get rid of them. I've been taking garlic and Wormwood pills for about a month 4 times a day now, and I've also been taking diatomaceous earth daily, every morning when I wake up. I'm just really confused. I'm only 20 years old and this thing is slowly eating away at my life. It's really uncomfortable. The itching starts every day around 2pm and doesn't let up till the next morning for a few hours. I put vaseline with garlic added to it to try to at least get some relief and it helps a little, but I have to constantly reapply it to keep working ok.
I check for them constantly and I've only ever seen dead worms. They are small and usually brown or red, not the white people usually describe pinworms as being. My stools are also full of mucus, which is something I have never seen until now. I am taking a stool sample in to be examined tomorrow but I've read its really hard to find pinworms in them and the test usually comes up negative.
I'm just so tired. This thing has taken a huge emotional toll on me and has affected my relationships with people. I am uncomfortable and stressed out all the time because of it. I'm honestly very miserable, and doctors do not seem to understand that when I talk to them about it. If you have any suggestions to help, I'm willing to do anything to get rid of these things. I just want my life back.