A good thing to use is Borax not only for cleaning up but also internally to help get rid of fungus/mold. It's also known to remove flouride and metals(from amalgams), out of your system. And it's cheap!!
There's a ton of testimony from people that have had positive results. I put just a pinch into a glass of distilled water. Or if you're uncomfortable doing that, they make boron supplements. http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/borax.html
I'm no expert either, just learning along the way... Here's a site with more tips. There's what they call a "mold bomb"(like a fogger), I've never tried one, but it might be worth a try down in your basement especially. Perhaps get into the hidden mold in the walls and floor. http://howtoremovemoldnow.blogspot.com/
For that other thing try a good probiotic... acidophilus, kefir, etc...