CureZone   Log On   Join
day 8 of juice fast

ALB Views: 2,766
Published: 8 years ago

day 8 of juice fast

Done some fasts in past some water and some juice. Water is very hard, works pretty good but very hard to do it. Juice is much easier but you do lose at slower rate than water. Some people will rotate a bit. On water also hard to have any energy especially at the beginning of the fast some get better as it goes on.

So 5ft 6 male 55 years old. Starting weight 240. Current weight 230.8. Wife started day after. Her starting is 190 and she is 183.2 this morning.
She is around 5ft six as well 46 years old.
We are both heavy frame type of people. Think my target is 180 possibly 160 and hers think would be between 140 to 150. Obviously it will take a long fast to get close to these targets like 60 days maybe more. Impossible on water but possible on juice.

So far not been doing any exercise ,wife is working at fairly physical job. She also hasn't done any exercise on the fast yet. If weather gets nicer will at least try to go for some walks. I was planning to do strength training thru the fast but not sure will now.

My energy levels have been up and down the last few days.

I learned from previous fasts that you need some salt and potassium especially if you are on a water fast.
I make sure some juices that use have some of salt and potassium. and so far just drinking store juices not bothering to use juicer right now.

I guess salt or potassium pills could work too. I made mistake first Water Fast and drank too much water and it flushed out all the salt and potassium from my system. With low salt you get very low blood pressure. Can faint and that can be dangerous. Also with low potassium you start to get bad cramps in legs usually but heard maybe can get them in heart as well.

Sometimes I take some green tea capsules for extra energy.

Anyway best of luck to all here. I was 260 at my heaviest and did manage to keep off 20 pounds after my Water Fast but future fasts never worked as well as wasn't really doing them long enough to really get my weight down there If you fast off 20 and its 10 pounds water then you gain back that water almost instantly on refeeding. You start to get depressed and then you can gain back the other 10.
So really its important to get down like 10 or so below your goal weight. that works a lot better.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (2)