These emails are very interesting to me because (1) they mail explain why ALA, which I tried to help control diabetic blood sugars, made me feel horrible and have facial ticks, and (2) I have about 11 crowns in my mouth (as well as old amalgams) and have begun to wonder what materials they are made of and how much mercury is under them.
Can a dentist remove a permanent crown to remove the mercury and then reuse it? Do crowns typically contain mercury/amalgam as well, or is the issue just the remaining mercury leaching into your system when they prep the tooth for the crown?
I had to replace two crowns that were cracked, and I think the cement is permanent. I've also been told that I can never get better with root canal materials in my mouth, but I'm not about to get false teeth. I had root canals with no problems before I became ill from a toxic carpet 12 years ago.
Thanks for the help. I have been advised to remove all the amalgam, and when I have the funds, I will do that.