CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Intestinal Fungal Candida

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
ericbakker Views: 2,265
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,061,582

Re: Intestinal Fungal Candida

Jorge, thanks for your post once more.

As you are no doubt aware my friend, all lab tests are based on a population of so-called "healthy" people. The fundamental flaw is that these healthy people were themselves never screened for mild yeast infections. They were most probably only screened for the severe forms, or full blown or what is known as a systemic yeast infection.

The second problem with any standardized lab tests for yeast infections, bacteria and parasites is that the lab tests are defined and standardised according to statistical norms instead of physiological norms. That is to say, the test scores are based on math rather than typical signs and symptoms of yeast infections experienced by a wide range of people. For example, when the yeast infection of a population is tested, all the individual scores are taken and averaged out together. The resulting group is called the “mean” and is used to calculate what is called a “probability distribution”. And, in this case, the probability distribution is a statistical prediction of how often each score will occur when stool samples of a group of people with a yeast infection are evaluated.

That is not to say that standard current laboratory tests for candida albicans such as the Genova Immune Complexes are not useful for determining and diagnosing candida yeast infections, but is important for you interpreting to understand their limitations and appropriate uses.

In my book I have given folks several "home" tests which I believe are an excellent way for them to track and measure (at NO cost to them) the extent, progression and improvement (or lack of) from a yeast infection. These tests may not appear "scientific", but neither is a patient's subjection assessment of their yeast infection signs and symptoms either.

It is the accumulation of how many of these tests a person can relate to that can make the difference as far as the self-diagnosis of their yeast infection is concerned, and a good starting point for most folks at home are the eight home tests they can read about in my book.

Most ALL people reading this forum simply cannot afford any expensive functional diagnostic tests or these tests are not covered by their insurance company. The various home tests I just mentioned are either free or low-cost, and by doing all of these they will have a good understanding of whether they have a yeast infection as well as dysbiosis or not. This will enable the intelligent person to make the right changes, moving them in the right direction.

The other point I'd like to raise is the futility of just "doing a test". OK, you have results, then what? You need to spend MORE money for retesting. When I wrote my book, I started to think: "Wouldn't it be great if folks could do simple different home based tests at no cost to them, to determine their level of dysbiosis, and then to TRACK their level of improvement during the treatment phase over a prolonged period of time? By tracking your symptoms over a period of time, you will be able to determine what results you are getting, if the treatment plan is effective and if you are staying on track or not.

What's the point in testing, and then not having the ability to measure the effectiveness of your treatment program? It's just not financially viable to repeat expensive lab testing on a two-weekly basis for example.

I like Einstein's quote: “The only source of true knowledge is experience”, and now prefer to treat patients based on experience, rather than testing every patient. And I believe that home testing is the way forward for most folks. That places responsibility in their hands (and NOT the doctor's hands), it empowers then to check themselves for signs and symptoms and to become more responsible for the dietary and lifestyle choices they make - which will ultimately reflect in an improvement in their condition or unfortunately keep them in the status quo, like too many on this forum.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.500 sec, (2)