CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Iodine reactions
paraboy Views: 2,744
Published: 8 years ago
Status:       RRR [Message recommended by a moderator!]
This is a reply to # 2,064,285

Re: Iodine reactions

Iodoral is the pill form equivelant to Lugol's solution.

However, to get it into pill form, they add flow agents and binders which seem to cause issues for some.

Lugol's 5% iodine is a combination of 5% iodine crystals and 10% potassium iodide in distilled water.

This is the ideal combination because the body needs both iodine and iodide.

Iodide is the salt of iodine.

Iodine can diffuse into our cells, but iodide needs the NIS (sodium iodide symporter) to get it into the cells.

Some people have a defective NIS and need the companions to overcome this issue because the thyroid prefers iodide.


Iodine/iodide body preferences:

Thyroid needs 3% prefers iodide (50mg iodide)
Lungs prefer iodide
Skin needs 20% and prefers iodide (400mg iodide)
Salivary Glands prefer iodide
Muscles (650mg) and fat needs(700mg iodine) 70%
Breast tissue needs 3-5 mg / day minumum and prefers iodine
Prostate prefers iodine
Stomach prefers iodine
Entire body needs 1500 mg - 2gm total

Body's Daily Iodine Need:

Thyroid needs 6 mg iodide /day
Breast needs 5 mg iodine /day
Other tissues needs 2 mg/day
(adrenals, thymus, ovaries, hypothalamus, pituitary and others)

NIS locations:
small intestine
large intestine
salivary glands
gastric mucosa lining
mammary glands
choroid plexus
Ciliary body for dry eyes




Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021

3.453 sec, (1)