CureZone   Log On   Join
any thoughts on Kallmann syndrome?

demirbence Views: 1,700
Published: 8 years ago

any thoughts on Kallmann syndrome?

It's really sickening. Now a new environment and same old nightmares happen as usual! I really can't smell what other people say unbearable and disgusting. My olfactory sense must be f***ed up.
I can smell and distinguish odors pretty well I think, food, parfume, etc. But when the issue is my own or my environment (it must be a dampness because I'm washing too much and it seems that I cannot clean properly afterwards, or just I'm musing) I really cannot smell. It is beyond a case of get accustomed. When I arrive home, I smell nothing bad indeed (as usual when indoors)

Now, I come across with Kallman syndrome. google it. It says late puberty, smaller penis, total or great loss of smelling etc. It is said that it also go by with schizophrenia. Treatment is done with hormone therapy. Someone in another forum (Leaky gas) had told others that his odor problem had gone after treatment with steroids. Are not these related with hormones? Of course, most of you may not suffer from all above:)) Maybe the underlying problem with some of us is this disease.

One last thought: if I had a much stronger sense of smell, I could really detect my FBO problem and its extact cause... To strengthen this, I have tried zinc, B vitamins, magnesium, etc. Nothing seemed to work. After my readings, I see that medicine also has troubles with that. They say you have to learn to live with that.. puh. installing fire alarms in your house!!!! I'm really down, it doesn't look bright

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.047 sec, (1)